AR Trigger not Resetting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
    so , from all the previous replies , some seem to be off base from what you actually said .. so let me try to clarify ... let me repeat to see if this is exactly what you said.. you fire the gun , trigger is dead like it is locked, put it on safety, you hear a click, then you can fire again with no need to cycle it ... if this is the case , the secondary sear is staying engaged most likely because the entire lower trigger body is not resetting .. the safety pushes down on the trigger body tab force resetting it. this type of failure is actually fairly common on an ar platform when you shoot reloads with loose primers and a primer pops out , falls into the trigger group and lodges under the trigger housing, in those cases you can't even put it on safety... since you have a 22 and assuming the trigger parts are ar15 trigger parts , the first question would be , did you take it apart ? if you did , you might have not put it back together correctly .. these is a spring under the secondary sear, and the main trigger spring in play.. the hammer spring should be irrelevant since it eventually goes bang .. that one is probably correct ... the lower spring could be in backwards, but that would make your trigger feel weird all the time ... bottom line is we need more info to narrow it down , but at least we know pushing the main body back down resets it to where it can fire , if the trigger is factory and was never taken apart at all,and you have no trash under it, you have a burr on the secondary sear to hammer that is bad enough that the trigger housing spring is not strong enough to pull the secondary sear off the hammer ...

... if you're going to replace the entire trigger anyways and again if the cavity is the same as a standard ar , a drop in trigger that is a one piece system with an entire drop in block trigger will be your best bet as it guaranties that the geometry stays good in case your lower receiver pins are not quite right..(like a timney) ... as opposed to a geissele which uses just internal separate guts that rely on the lower pin geometry. before you do all this , I would separate the lower from the upper and cycle the trigger by hand and see what you can see .. make sure you catch the hammer fall as it's not good for any lower to let it slam forward ... if you're lucky there may just be some machining trash under the trigger body since i believe the lower is polymer ...

my 2c.
    Great info. I haven’t taken it apart at all. Just removed the upper from lower. In doing so, you can pull the trigger, pull the charging handle to reset, and it works correctly. I took it out again today. As per one of the replies above, I could force the trigger forward with ease, and it would reset and fire properly. Or I can dual it to safety to reset the trigger. It just won’t reset without assistance.

Comment

Working...
    X