No announcement yet.

AR in 300 BO, suppressed for hogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

been shooting 300blk since back when you had to make your own brass ... also used 338 spectre and dropped a pig with 300gr sierra .. they all will do the job. I shoot supers now most of the time because they rarely come to feeder / known distance and subs need to be dialed in perfect ... with that said , my buddy i hunt with has had them run with 30/06 ... you kinda get a different mind set from deer shot placement .. but even 300 blk supers are pickier than say 556 when shooting at allot of running pigs .. its way more challenging drop/lead etc ... grendel is a little faster , 556 still rips the best with the right bullets.. the old folks used to brag about 30/30 .. well 300blk. is not far from that and some companies are making pretty dang good expanding subs now ... but it's still not a cannon ... friend of mine actually uses his thermal on a shotgun with buck shot and it works about as good or better than anything he's tried and he has used 300blk , 6.8 , and others ... but now he uses 308 ...

there is no magic caliber . 300blk has been my go to but i try to get within 100 yards
    with ammo shortage i'm actually dusting off my 7.62x39 ammo .. probably will be using this for a while until loading supply come back ... also got my remington 243 threaded a few months ago , but it's not setup with thermal , or i'd use it ..

lastly, i shoot lehigh's, barnes , hornady's and others .. man those lehigh control chaos don't disappoint ...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJYckvdFbbU&ab_channel=standbackitsgonnabl o"]Texas night hog hunt 300 AAC Blackout subsonic Suppressed - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Working...
    X