The 2021 Thermal and Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
    Ah, gotcha. I thought you were going to be switching back n forth between the two and figured the nv would sit at home when you had a choice of that or thermal. Are you seeing many hogs around your place? We are closer to hg and the helicopter hunters have about cleaned them all out for the time being
    Actually saw some last night. Was out scanning to see where our dog ran off to and saw some. I've seen a bunch where the new bridge is (we live north of it) but haven't seen many at our place. Haven't really been looking either though. That's about to change lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rossivey View Post
      Actually saw some last night. Was out scanning to see where our dog ran off to and saw some. I've seen a bunch where the new bridge is (we live north of it) but haven't seen many at our place. Haven't really been looking either though. That's about to change lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
      Good deal. Well it looks like its going to take forever to fill up. Apparently these archaeological excavations take priority and they are running behind on completing them. If they are going to start pumping water out next spring they better hurry up and start filling it up. Good luck on the hogs and let us know how you like your new xq38

Comment

What's the skinny on the AGM Taipan TM10-256 thermal Monocular? I can't seem to find a review on it anywhere.
        Last edited by muzzlebrake; 03-18-2021, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
          The light mount that comes with the wraith will not work with the 66LRX because it has too small of an opening.
          I ordered what I needed your y’all .

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
            What's the skinny on the AGM Taipan TM10-256 thermal Monocular? I can't seem to find a review on it anywhere.
            I haven't seen anything on that model other than on AGM's website. I see discussion about the TM15-284, TM19-384 & TM25-384

Comment

i had my Taipan TM15-384 for 2 weeks before it crapped out .. sent it back to AGM . they received it Monday .. we'll see how their turn around is ... really hoping this was just a fluke .. i had high hopes for this monocular ..

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                i had my Taipan TM15-384 for 2 weeks before it crapped out .. sent it back to AGM . they received it Monday .. we'll see how their turn around is ... really hoping this was just a fluke .. i had high hopes for this monocular ..
                I went ahead and picked one of these up today. Hope it holds up. Gonna charge the battery and then play with it tonight and see if I can spot some feral cats.

Comment

OK,so I went out in the yard last night to see how well this Taipan TM15-384 works. Can easily see and identify a dog at 100 yds on 1x. I'm thinking this thing will work well enough out to 500yds to find targets. I was impressed by how clear the images are on 1x and 2x. I know this thing will come in handy next weekend down on the Briscoe Caterina. No telling how many travelers I will see sneaking thru the brush.

Attached Files

Comment

Couple of hog kill videos from the other night. 6.5 Grendel shooting 85 Sierra HP at 2700 fps. Lone boar was about 175 lbs and shot at 125 yards or so. The big pregnant mama was 225+ lbs, range was about 60 yards, and smaller pigs were 50-60 lbs. I shoot frangible varmint bullets because all too often I an shooting in and around cows and don't like bullet bounce on misses. Hard stalk on big mama, had to weave around through cows to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                      Couple of hog kill videos from the other night. 6.5 Grendel shooting 85 Sierra HP at 2700 fps. Lone boar was about 175 lbs and shot at 125 yards or so. The big pregnant mama was 225+ lbs, range was about 60 yards, and smaller pigs were 50-60 lbs. I shoot frangible varmint bullets because all too often I an shooting in and around cows and don't like bullet bounce on misses. Hard stalk on big mama, had to weave around through cows to get there.

https://youtu.be/uAvKRFAhEfc
                      Great Smackdown

Comment

I looked at my buddies Iray 384 that he got for $4,000 out the door, and I am very impressed at the image quality of a 384 unit. SUPER clear at long distances.

I have not used or seen it out in the field, but I was shocked at the quality for a $4k unit, and 384

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                          I looked at my buddies Iray 384 that he got for $4,000 out the door, and I am very impressed at the image quality of a 384 unit. SUPER clear at long distances.

I have not used or seen it out in the field, but I was shocked at the quality for a $4k unit, and 384
                          I agree. It's probably got the best image I've ever seen out of a 384x288 unit. It's darn impressive and if you're looking for longer range shooting and need higher magnification, I don't think there is anything that can compare to it in that price range. The guys I've been selling them to have been extremely impressed.

Comment

Went Turkey hunting just east of Del Rio this weekend and took the opportunity to do some calling at night. Ended up with a couple of fox and a coyote. Working on putting the video together now from my Thermion XP50 and will share it with you guys soon.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                              I agree. It's probably got the best image I've ever seen out of a 384x288 unit. It's darn impressive and if you're looking for longer range shooting and need higher magnification, I don't think there is anything that can compare to it in that price range. The guys I've been selling them to have been extremely impressed.
                              I didn't even notice, what is the base mag?

What is MSRP on the 640 units?

Talked to 2 people who own thermal companies, and they still say the HALO LR beats the Iray 640.

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post

When you say longer range? Like how far are we talking identifying animals? And then detection? I have a 7 or 8 yr old D740 gen 3 scope that is amazing as far as NV goes. But it's not as versatile as thermal. A buddy has a 5 or 6 yr old thermal that i wanna say is a Night Hawg or something brand. It will pick up heat signature way way off but the resolution and clarity isn't as good as some of the new stuff. Identifying animals at 500 yds isn't very easy.

I guess I'm asking how much better is the 640 or the pulsar xp50? Are they 1-2k better? More features?

Comment

Working...
                                X