Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

The 2021 Thermal and Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another one down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
      Talk…
      To…
      Jason…
      Robertson…
      At…
      Outdoor Legacy Gear!

I feel like you can spend as much as you want and get what you need if you talk to them first. I have an older XQ50, with the firmware update it does what I need it to do. Would I love a Halo Nvision or even some of the other newer optics on the market? Absolutely but I don’t cover enough country to justify it.

One thing I see is true with any electronics. The price is going down a little but the tech is leap and bounds better every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      After Christmas when I can buy something for myself I'll have to start looking around and he'll be of some help because I know he's very knowledgeable about that stuff. I definitely want something that's good quality.

Comment

I was out this past week and noticed the clarity of my thermal kept getting worse and worse---then I realized it was getting foggy---thermals don't like fog apparently.

Comment

Man it’s wild calling hogs in…. It didn’t end well for these sows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Video from Bazo's hunt.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OrkXX1gVDs"]Thermal Hog Hunt Pulsar Thermion XM30 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Got a BOG for Christmas. Looking forward to testing it out. Super stable.
              Attached Files

Comment

I used to take my wife out to shoot a lot. I didn’t start dating her until 2013, and by then she had her very own 11.5 556 SBR. Needless to say she’s been around firearms for a good chunk of her life, and has been very proficient with them. With that said she’s never really hunted, even though she’s wanted to.

Two weeks ago I took her to kill her very first big game animal. A whitetail doe. She dropped it in its tracks at 146 yds with her 6 Creed. Tonight we came out to Vernon to get away for the weekend, and see if we could get her a hog. Today I had her on my 22 Creed topped with the XG50. She was about to call it a night about 1am when I spoofed a very large solo boar 700-800 yds away at a feeder. We hope in the can am, and the wind was right to save us a large walk. We get roughly 400-375 yds out when we dieecide to walk. Dang near instantly the wind shifts, and our boar scatters. She was about give up, when I told her let’s hang around for 10 and see if he comes back. Not a minute later he shows back up, but now opposite side of the feeder. I guess him at roughly 300 yds, and luckily for me an 80 ELDM moving at 3460 is pretty forgiving. I told her to place it just over his neck and send it. I was wearing my PVS-14, but couldn’t see him worth a darn to tell anything but I dang sure heard the whallop. She said he ran but couldn’t tell how far or how hard. We’ll see what we find in the morning. Either way I’m **** proud of my wife maki g a confirmed 310 yd shot. We did find blood where he was standing, but I didn’t care to chase it in the dark

Comment

Working...
                X