• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jared07 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sweet man! you got any video?

Comment

Wow!

I ordered the iRay Bravo from Jason at Outdoor Legacy yesterday afternoon and it arrived today less than 24 hours after I ordered it.

Unfortunately I won’t be able to get it set up on a rifle until the weekend but have been able to play with it some around the house. Pretty impressive little toy.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
        Sweet man! you got any video?

I have alot of videos. Took 12 pigs in one weekend. I don’t know how to upload videos on here though.

Comment

Does anyone have any experience with a Bushnell Equinox Z2? I live between two States where coyote huntin at night is legal and I'd like to have something I can scan with without breaking the bank since I won't be using it all the time. I don't expect amazing quality but I'd like to know if it's at least good enough to see a coyote or a hog at a pretty reasonable distance.

I know you get what you pay for a lot of the time is why I wonder about it. Anyone have any experience with one of these things and how did you like it?

Comment

Quick little video from the other night. Me and a friend did a double shot on this 200 lb boar, right at 100 yards away.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
              Does anyone have any experience with a Bushnell Equinox Z2? I live between two States where coyote huntin at night is legal and I'd like to have something I can scan with without breaking the bank since I won't be using it all the time. I don't expect amazing quality but I'd like to know if it's at least good enough to see a coyote or a hog at a pretty reasonable distance.

I know you get what you pay for a lot of the time is why I wonder about it. Anyone have any experience with one of these things and how did you like it?
              No experience with it, but a good question is what kind of distances do you consider reasonable. I’ve had a Flir Breach that I used to scan a long time ago, and man that thing caused me tons of headaches. It was just good enough to spot animals at distance, but unless they were closer than 100 yds I couldn’t ID them to save my life. I ended up putting lots of miles on my boots chasing “hogs” that turned out to be cattle or rabbits lol

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                No experience with it, but a good question is what kind of distances do you consider reasonable. I’ve had a Flir Breach that I used to scan a long time ago, and man that thing caused me tons of headaches. It was just good enough to spot animals at distance, but unless they were closer than 100 yds I couldn’t ID them to save my life. I ended up putting lots of miles on my boots chasing “hogs” that turned out to be cattle or rabbits lol
                I'd like to get at least 200 yards out of it at least. But I kinda figured it would be about like you explained just based on the price range. I kinda planned on using it in conjunction with a kill light so say I spotted something I could just switch from that to the light. Especially sneaking up on a group of hogs at night so I could have a gun on my shoulder and keep track of where they are.

Comment

Originally posted by jared07 View Post

Great job! Nice shooting!

Comment

Originally posted by all3lemmons View Post
                    I ordered the iRay Bravo from Jason at Outdoor Legacy yesterday afternoon and it arrived today less than 24 hours after I ordered it.

Unfortunately I won’t be able to get it set up on a rifle until the weekend but have been able to play with it some around the house. Pretty impressive little toy.
                    Thank you!! I hope you enjoy it and if you need help or have questions, just give Hans or me a call!

Jason

Comment

I'd like to get at least 200 yards out of it at least. But I kinda figured it would be about like you explained just based on the price range. I kinda planned on using it in conjunction with a kill light so say I spotted something I could just switch from that to the light. Especially sneaking up on a group of hogs at night so I could have a gun on my shoulder and keep track of where they are.
                      That’s exactly what we did with it. When it turned out to actually be hogs it worked awesome. The problem is the fields we hunt out here are quite large, and we’d end up walking clear across 1000 yd fields regularly just to realize those blobs were cattle etc. If the newer units are better they may be worth the buy. Just something to consider though. The breach wasn’t even good enough to identify behavior past 100-150yds.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                        That’s exactly what we did with it. When it turned out to actually be hogs it worked awesome. The problem is the fields we hunt out here are quite large, and we’d end up walking clear across 1000 yd fields regularly just to realize those blobs were cattle etc. If the newer units are better they may be worth the buy. Just something to consider though. The breach wasn’t even good enough to identify behavior past 100-150yds.
                        Dang, that's kind of what I figured. Where I hunt hogs you can see pretty far in some places and in Kansas my buddies and I can shoot coyotes at night now so up there you can see for miles in some places so it may not be the best. Wish I could find someone that's got one so I can look through it. Everyone I know that's serious about night huntin have like $2,000 and up optics.

That's kind of the trouble with these things. The newer units I feel are pretty darn good but if you skimp on price and get an older thermal or night vision optic you can definitely tell the difference in clarity and detail. And none of it is necessarily cheap so it's kind of hard to just spend the money. I don't know enough about any of it that I feel comfortable dropping the cash on it. I'd end up using what I had and making it work for me but I hate to cut corners too.

Comment

Please don't go that route! Save more money

You will regret it once you realize how bad and how much of a PIA it is

Comment

Dang, that's kind of what I figured. Where I hunt hogs you can see pretty far in some places and in Kansas my buddies and I can shoot coyotes at night now so up there you can see for miles in some places so it may not be the best. Wish I could find someone that's got one so I can look through it. Everyone I know that's serious about night huntin have like $2,000 and up optics.

That's kind of the trouble with these things. The newer units I feel are pretty darn good but if you skimp on price and get an older thermal or night vision optic you can definitely tell the difference in clarity and detail. And none of it is necessarily cheap so it's kind of hard to just spend the money. I don't know enough about any of it that I feel comfortable dropping the cash on it. I'd end up using what I had and making it work for me but I hate to cut corners too.

Talk…
                            To…
                            Jason…
                            Robertson…
                            At…
                            Outdoor Legacy Gear!

I feel like you can spend as much as you want and get what you need if you talk to them first. I have an older XQ50, with the firmware update it does what I need it to do. Would I love a Halo Nvision or even some of the other newer optics on the market? Absolutely but I don’t cover enough country to justify it.

One thing I see is true with any electronics. The price is going down a little but the tech is leap and bounds better every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Bravo getting it done again…

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
                                Talk…
                                To…
                                Jason…
                                Robertson…
                                At…
                                Outdoor Legacy Gear!

I feel like you can spend as much as you want and get what you need if you talk to them first. I have an older XQ50, with the firmware update it does what I need it to do. Would I love a Halo Nvision or even some of the other newer optics on the market? Absolutely but I don’t cover enough country to justify it.

One thing I see is true with any electronics. The price is going down a little but the tech is leap and bounds better every year.
                                Thank you Russ!! I greatly appreciate it buddy.

Jason

Comment

Working...
                                X