No announcement yet.

The 2021 Thermal and Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently purchased an AGM Asp. Micro TM160.

I like it so far. I've paired it with my phone. Now when I'm sitting in my blind I can stay hidden in the corner of my blind and stick the thermal in the corner of a window to see what's out there without moving alot.

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
      Jason,

Has the Thermion 2 XQ38 dropped in price? Website shows $3299
      No sir, it's still $3,299, which is what it's always been. The XQ50 is still $3,799, which is it's normal price as well. No price changes for Pulsar in the XQ38/XQ50/XP50 models since the original Trails were released in 2017, they've all head steady and not gone up or down in price but the image quality continues to increase with each model update.

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by jared07 View Post
        I’m assuming the “next level” would be getting up into the 640 and 50mm range?
        To get into the next level of image quality, yes, you'd have to get into the 640 resolution. It's worth noting that objective lens diameter doesn't really matter with thermals like ti does with day time optics though. There are some 25mm 640 optics that are better than 50mm 640 optics. Just thought I'd point that out since there is often confusion on the lens diameters.

But yes sir to make a really big jump in image quality you'd have to move up to at least the AGM Rattler TS35-640 2x base mag for $3,999 (least expensive 640 scope we've ever seen from a major manufacturer) and the $4,500-$5,000 range would move into extremely solid 640's that hold their own all the way up until you get to the $7,000+ range.

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
          To get into the next level of image quality, yes, you'd have to get into the 640 resolution. It's worth noting that objective lens diameter doesn't really matter with thermals like ti does with day time optics though. There are some 25mm 640 optics that are better than 50mm 640 optics. Just thought I'd point that out since there is often confusion on the lens diameters.

But yes sir to make a really big jump in image quality you'd have to move up to at least the AGM Rattler TS35-640 2x base mag for $3,999 (least expensive 640 scope we've ever seen from a major manufacturer) and the $4,500-$5,000 range would move into extremely solid 640's that hold their own all the way up until you get to the $7,000+ range.

Jason

Thanks Jason, ended up ordering a Bravo from y’all which should be delivered today…I figured it would be a good choice with the aforementioned features/price to get into the thermal world. Can’t wait to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No sir, it's still $3,299, which is what it's always been. The XQ50 is still $3,799, which is it's normal price as well. No price changes for Pulsar in the XQ38/XQ50/XP50 models since the original Trails were released in 2017, they've all head steady and not gone up or down in price but the image quality continues to increase with each model update.

Jason

That’s what I thought. Your comment above stated otherwise so didn’t want to leave it hanging.

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
              That’s what I thought. Your comment above stated otherwise so didn’t want to leave it hanging.
              You're right!! I totally fumbled there. Thank you for catching that. Sorry for any confusion.

Comment

Thanks Jason, ended up ordering a Bravo from y’all which should be delivered today…I figured it would be a good choice with the aforementioned features/price to get into the thermal world. Can’t wait to use it.
                Thank you VERY much!! We really appreciate it. If you have any questions at all or need help, please don't hesitate to call Hans or myself, we're always glad to help.

Jason

Comment

Thank you VERY much!! We really appreciate it. If you have any questions at all or need help, please don't hesitate to call Hans or myself, we're always glad to help.

Jason

Learned the menu this evening…very simple to use. The clarity was just as good if not better that what I expected.

Comment

Learned the menu this evening…very simple to use. The clarity was just as good if not better that what I expected.

Awesome! Glad to hear it. It's a heck of a scope for the money, that's for sure!

Comment

Forgot to hit record until the last second. It wasn’t quite dark yet but I ended up shooting it about 30 minutes later after dark when it came back through.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Quick questions on the bravo…

Are the X and Y settings switched in the menu?

I was able to shoot it today, got it sighted in at 50 and took it to 100y. 100y had the elevation I was looking for (1.5”) but I’m shooting slightly left.

Do I move the crosshairs to where I want my impact? Or do I go the opposite way?

Very happy with the bravo.

Comment

Quick questions on the bravo…

Are the X and Y settings switched in the menu?

I was able to shoot it today, got it sighted in at 50 and took it to 100y. 100y had the elevation I was looking for (1.5”) but I’m shooting slightly left.

Do I move the crosshairs to where I want my impact? Or do I go the opposite way?

Very happy with the bravo.

Shoot one and spot your impact. Freeze it with the crosshairs centered on the point of aim. Then move the crosshairs to the point of impact.

Comment

The 2021 Thermal and Night Vision Thread

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                            Shoot one and spot your impact. Freeze it with the crosshairs centered on the point of aim. Then move the crosshairs to the point of impact.

Yes I successfully sighted in the optic…just ran out of ammo before I could dial windage in more accurately at distances past 50…just want to make the right correction as I’ll be using the optic next weekend.

I’m shooting left about 1.5”. I’m assuming I need to move the actual crosshair to the left to being the group to the center

Last edited by jared07; 11-13-2021, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Got a big sow Friday night.

Comment

Video of Bazo's hunt from Friday.

Comment

Working...
                                X