Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AR Pistol build advice

10.5" barrel

1. Do I go with a wide 12" hand guard where the suppressor fits inside the hand guard?

or

2. Do I go with a 9" hand guard and have a small gap between the end of the Hand Guard and the Suppressor?

You don't wanna gap...my can wouldn't fit inside my h.g. so i just chopped a lil off

Comment

You want the muzzle to clear the end of your hand guard.

Comment

Like so
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by talleywack97 View Post
          You don't wanna gap...my can wouldn't fit inside my h.g. so i just chopped a lil off
          I think the 9" hand guard is acutally 9.22" and with half inch of the barrel is going to thread into the upper, that leaves less than a 1/2" gap.

Or

I can buy a longer hand guard maybe a 10" that has an inside diameter that allows for the suppressor to fit inside.

I doubt I'm going to use a QD, I'm going to thread the Can onto the barrel and be done and barely take the Can off.

Comment

Originally posted by talleywack97 View Post
            Like so
            I was just going to ask people for pictures,

This is exactly what I meant and I didn't know we can actually cut the hand guard without damaging it!!!

what barrel length and hand guard length do you have there?

Comment

That's a nice rig by the way. what all do you have there?

Comment

I went 12.5” barrel & 10” handguard. I didn’t want to have to worry about something happening and my suppressor wouldn’t come off and It would force me to take the handguard off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by futureagg View Post

I went 12.5” barrel & 10” handguard. I didn’t want to have to worry about something happening and my suppressor wouldn’t come off and It would force me to take the handguard off.
                  I'm ok with a gap, but I want to make it as little as possible. That's a nice rig as well sir!

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
                    I doubt I'm going to use a QD, I'm going to thread the Can onto the barrel and be done and barely take the Can off.
                    For this type of usage on a gun that will always be shot suppressed I would run the handguard over the top of the can.

Comment

I'm ok with a gap, but I want to make it as little as possible. That's a nice rig as well sir!

Thank you. 6.5grendel. I was lucky enough to buy ammo for it before the chaos started, but have run out now.

I like the look of the 10” on the 12.5” barrel and I can run my light without any worry of muzzle blast shattering the lens when I’m not using my can.

Comment

I guess I'll go with a 9" hand guard.

I'm estimating that with a 10.5" barrel, 1/2" will thread into the upper leaving 10" of barrel and the hand guard is actually 9.2" so there will be a less than 1" gap. 10" hand guard may work too once a flash guard is installed.

Comment

I’ve done it both ways suppressor inside handgaurd looks sweet.

Comment

AR Pistol build advice

Noveske 9 inch barrel
                            Noveske nsr 12 handgaurd
                            Huntertown Gaurdian 9

Comment

I was just going to ask people for pictures,

This is exactly what I meant and I didn't know we can actually cut the hand guard without damaging it!!!

what barrel length and hand guard length do you have there?
                              10 1/2in barrel 10in handguard. Dremel tool with a cutoff wheel an flat blk paint

Comment

Working...
                              X