No announcement yet.

What 7mm-08 ammo for deer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have had extremely good luck with the Federal Fusion ammo with both my 7mm-08 and 25-06. Just wish they had some in stock right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech Shooter View Post
      i have had extremely good luck with the Federal Fusion ammo with both my 7mm-08 and 25-06. Just wish they had some in stock right now.
      I second Federal Fusion. I am shooting the 140gr. Fusions out of my 7mm-08 and they just perform. Numerous animals taken, most are dropped. This past weekend, I dropped 4 pigs with it (granted all 4 were head shots). Can't complain about the results, plus they aren't too pricey when you can find them.

Comment

Dang, you may be forced to try to find the "parts" to reload... I just did a search on AmmoSeek.com for 7mm-08 and got zero results... NOTHING found!! WOW!!

Comment

I shoot 140gr Accubonds and Ballistic tips on mine, the ballistic tips provide better blood trail if I take lung shots. In shoulder shots they both perform excellent by dropping them in their tracks. I have recovered all deer and pigs I shot with both bullets. Also add a limbsaver for the recoil.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            Dang, you may be forced to try to find the "parts" to reload... I just did a search on AmmoSeek.com for 7mm-08 and got zero results... NOTHING found!! WOW!!

It’s been ridiculous hard to find. I’ve got a featherweight and recoil isn’t bad at all. Most recently shooting hornady American whitetail 139. I don’t know if my gun doesn’t like them or got a bad batch. 2 boxes have had a lot of primer strikes didn’t go off. No issues with 2 other brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When my son got old enough to get him a deer rifle, I purchased a 7-08 and started him with the Hornady Custom Lite's and always had good luck with them on deer and hogs. I thought it made it feel very much like a .243.

Comment

I shoot fusion in my 7-08 and have zero complaints!

Comment

Federal Fusion is good ammo if you can find it. Most of the modern day name brand ammo manufacturers have quality machinery that produce pretty accurate munitions in that the tolerances are pretty precise.

In terms of recoil? I know your wife. She's tough...she won't even flinch at that 7mm 08 kick trust me. [emoji12]

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post

I have the dies to reload 7mm-08. I just don’t have the time

Ammo is crazy hard to find. That’s the reason the gun I bought was for sale in the first place.

Comment

Dang it. I have searched all over for any 7mm-08 ammo. There’s nothing available. If anyone has any they don’t need I’d buy it. I was hoping to take the wife hog hunting soon with her new rifle. Then I have an Axis hunt planned for her in April. That will be bow hunting for a buck. I wanted the rifle for a doe head shot to tan the hide.

Comment

I’d go with a 120 Nosler BT.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
                          I’d go with a 120 Nosler BT.
                          X2. Best bullet made for the 7MM-08.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            Dang it. I have searched all over for any 7mm-08 ammo. There’s nothing available. If anyone has any they don’t need I’d buy it. I was hoping to take the wife hog hunting soon with her new rifle. Then I have an Axis hunt planned for her in April. That will be bow hunting for a buck. I wanted the rifle for a doe head shot to tan the hide.
                            Where you located?

Comment

Nosler 120 BT and Fusion 140 are great in my rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by kc5rkg View Post
                                Where you located?

Votaw, TX

Comment

Working...
                                X