Are suppressors with the money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CJ776 View Post
    they are just silly. Silly meaning freakin AWESOME. buy 2 at least for your first run.
    I like the way you think!

Comment

it lets you actually enjoy the sounds of the outdoors, since you dont need earpro anymore.

that being said, i put in ear plugs for shooting enough rounds for checking zero, or taking a class, even when still suppressed.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
        I’m curious what carbon buildup does to make them not worth it? I typically run 2-3k rounds through my ARs suppressed before cleaning? Makes it a slight more pain in the butt cleaning once a year, but that’s about it.
        Not saying the gun won’t work, Just don’t care for it, even the magazine gets full of carbon. Guns are still loud just don’t need ear protection. I don’t shoot subsonic I have no use for them.

Comment

2-3k rounds without one malfunction??? not possible which can? try that in a AR10 platform in a 308 u mite get 50 rounds before failure to eject or bolt not going to battery!

Comment

Originally posted by okiepighunter View Post
            2-3k rounds without one malfunction??? not possible which can? try that in a AR10 platform in a 308 u mite get 50 rounds before failure to eject or bolt not going to battery!
            Squirt of oil on the bolt before the night starts once the rifle is good and dirty, and rock on through the season. Trophy8 can attest to my cleaning regiment, and the fact that it’s nonexistent. He can also attest to how much we shoot in one night.

I mean I get it. You bought hook, line, and sinker into OSS claims. Sure, they’re are absolutely cleaner with minimal blowback. That doesn’t even remotely come close to meaning every other can jams rifles in 50 rounds like your previous claims LOL

Comment

I've always wondered the same thing.I'm deaf as a door nail,so hearing loss doesn't affect me.
              I

Comment

the problem isn't the suppressor bubba. if you slap a can on a .308 AR and have malfunctions after 50 rounds, that AR is trash.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                  Squirt of oil on the bolt before the night starts once the rifle is good and dirty, and rock on through the season. Trophy8 can attest to my cleaning regiment, and the fact that it’s nonexistent. He can also attest to how much we shoot in one night.

I mean I get it. You bought hook, line, and sinker into OSS claims. Sure, they’re are absolutely cleaner with minimal blowback. That doesn’t even remotely come close to meaning every other can jams rifles in 50 rounds like your previous claims LOL

No doubt. My cleaning regiment is about the same as yours. I don’t even know how many rounds my Noveske 300 blackout SBR has on it. It’s been years since I’ve stripped it down and cleaned it and it’s never had a single unsuppressed round through it since I bought it in 2012 or 2013. My wife shot a buck with it this morning and yep it still functioned perfectly. I run a NiB bolt carrier group and overall that rifle is just slick as goose ****.

It wears an old school AAC 7.62 SDN-6 can that is dedicated to the rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Heck. More often than not you’re lucky to get 50 problem free rounds through an AR10 without a suppressor lol.

I’ve got a 10.5” SBR 5.56 that’s had thousands of suppressed rounds through it. Zero malfunctions. Good equipment is designed to perform in any conditions. This is when that line “you get what you pay for” comes in. Dirt. Rain. Snow. Carbon build up. The gun should run.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                      Heck. More often than not you’re lucky to get 50 problem free rounds through an AR10 without a suppressor lol.

I’ve got a 10.5” SBR 5.56 that’s had thousands of suppressed rounds through it. Zero malfunctions. Good equipment is designed to perform in any conditions. This is when that line “you get what you pay for” comes in. Dirt. Rain. Snow. Carbon build up. The gun should run.
                      True. Most off the counter AR-10 variants aren’t known for their reliability. Especially when you add a suppressor to the mix. But it doesn’t have anything to do with being dirty

Comment

Originally posted by csanders View Post
                        those that love their suppressor and hunt with it, are you using subsonic ammo? I've always wanted one but haven't jumped in because i don't want to shoot subsonic ammo. Are they worth having if you don't shoot subsonic?
                        yes! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by CSanders View Post
                          Those that love their suppressor and hunt with it, are you using subsonic ammo? I've always wanted one but haven't jumped in because I don't want to shoot subsonic ammo. Are they worth having if you don't shoot subsonic?

I use supersonic when hunting deer, but keep subs on hand to shoot varmints. Seems you need to have a solid hit with subs to get the job done as energy is lacking to say the least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
                            Love the thump as it gives you a nice feeling while hunting. I would say they Are worth 4 times the money as once you have one you will want four! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I have to disagree........you'll want 5. lol

Comment

Working...
                            X