No announcement yet.

The 2021 TBH/APR Special Planning Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the #1 what would options look like for the action-- would it be a wide open choice for any long action cartridge with a Magnum or Lapua bolt face with any feed rails? Lefty Options?

#2- doesn't do much for me, I have a 20" 22cm and a 20" 308

#3- I like the idea, would there be an option for 17hmr?

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
      I'm going to amend my suggestion for #2 and say it needs to have minimum 18" preferably 20" to increase performance of the SA rounds.
      I agree with this #2 Suggestion

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
        x2
        Originally posted by brrdnk View Post
        I would like to see a modern version of a classic hunter. McWoody stock carbon fiber barrel in 7mm-08 for me or even 30.06
        This option was NARROWLY defeated in the 2020 APR build, which hurt my heart as it was my suggestion.

However-- they offer it as a full time option now!! Which is pretty dang BA and the price is impossible to beat!

Nothing represents a classic better than highly figured wood and deep polished bluing. But nothing holds up to real world punishment better than good synthetics, modern ceramic coatings and stainless steel.  The APR Classic Hunter captures all of these elements in a modern precision hunting rifle package while still gi

Comment

Originally posted by duckhunter175 View Post
          The TBH builds specify a certain action and a few choice components as a way to offer a true custom at a better than market price.

Last year he did a run of TBH options with customer supplied actions. If you want to use your own action I'd recommend contacting them and draw up a plan of exactly what you want.
          My bad. Take me out of the voting please.

Comment

Originally posted by Dhbwa View Post
            I’ll be the dissenter....

Basically an Altitude but with the following changes to be budget friendly...
            A standard Tenacity action, TT primary and the APR Hunter stock.
            All in a 308 BF/SA cartridge

(7-08 or 284 for me).....
            I like this.

Comment

My idea is as stated above in a post but not in line with the 3 options.

Def An-Ti
              Muller or Proof barrel
              AG stock in apr hunter

You could throw the chasis stock as an option as well. I dont know too much about a light weight chasis but that part sounds interesting.

What's the maximum internal mag length on the chassis?
              Will a chassis accommodate WSM sized rounds?
              Is the chassis DBM only?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Slick8; 12-11-2020, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post
                My bad. Take me out of the voting please.
                This isn't the vote thread, just getting ideas!! So throw what you are thinking out there!! Just expect it will need to be done on an action that APR offers!

Comment

#2 in a 22-250 might be fun

Comment

I'll toss out two somewhat separate ideas!! I really like the idea of a specific functionality for the rifle and it helps keep options simple and costs low.

1. TBH Predator or Pig Rig-- very similar to #2 but maybe without a specific 'lightweight' chassis. 16-20" barrel, DBM only, limited to SA choices maybe a couple various cartridges in the predator realm from a .17 centerfire, .20, .22, 6mm-- or some heavier hitters for pigs like 338fed or some other big SA? Could do a stock or chassis with Mlok or rails for lights, NV, thermal and a bottom rail for a tripod attachment. Not sure what good options might be out there. Could there be an option for a discounted suppressor if only one type was offered?? We haven't done any TBH stuff with form 4 included have we?

2. Dave may kill me for this... but pulling from last years classic Hunter McWoody style maybe we mix it up with a big bore / plains game / DG type option?? Some Defiance options offer Controlled Round Feed and 3 Pos Safety... Then there can be iron sight or QD mount options-- a couple classic cartridge choices like 338win, 375H&H, maybe 375 Ruger, 416 Rem maybe toss the big Weatherby options in too??

Comment

If #3 happens, what are you thinking as far as the action? Vudoo, rimx, begara or a CZ? Thanks.

Comment

#2 in 6mm Creed

Comment

#2 depending on price and in 308... if too big then 6.8spc or 300 hammer

Comment

I am in on 2.

Comment

I might be able to swing one of these sweet guns this year, hoping for some what "normal" hunting rig. A long range .22 sounds pretty awesome though.

Comment

I'm in for at least 1 of option #3. If a big boy 22lr isn't the final pick, I'm hoping it's offered in a "tier 2" option.

Comment

Working...
                                X