X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the tricked up colors, but thats my style

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
      My idea is as stated above in a post but not in line with the 3 options.

Def An-Ti
      Muller or Proof barrel
      AG stock in apr hunter

You could throw the chasis stock as an option as well. I dont know too much about a light weight chasis but that part sounds interesting.

What's the maximum internal mag length on the chassis?
      Will a chassis accommodate WSM sized rounds?
      Is the chassis DBM only?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

What chambering will this support? DBM optional.

Comment

Originally posted by OSU Fisher View Post
        That's a 30 nosler with a 20" barrel. My guess is around 6 lbs maybe a little less. It was 7lb 5oz with a different 20z scope and rings.

How do you burn 80(+) grains of mag powder in 20”?
        What velocities are you getting?

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
          How do you burn 80(+) grains of mag powder in 20”?
          What velocities are you getting?
          Not my rifle. Ryan Avery built it. He's flinging 215 bergers around 2970 out of it with ease. It's a 30 nosler +p. The +p throating really helps to get the speeds.

Another guy I know of built a similar 20" 300 rum sending the 215 bergers at 3100.

Ive had the itch for a lighter weight, compact long range hunter. That 30 nosler I really dig. The 30-28 really interests me as well. That picture I posted is 8.5 lbs all set up with that nx8. I think something similar would be awesome!
          Last edited by OSU Fisher; 12-16-2020, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Not my rifle. Ryan Avery built it. He's flinging 215 bergers around 2970 out of it with ease. It's a 30 nosler +p. The +p throating really helps to get the speeds.

Another guy I know of built a similar 20" 300 rum sending the 215 bergers at 3100.

Ive had the itch for a lighter weight, compact long range hunter. That 30 nosler I really dig. The 30-28 really interests me as well. That picture I posted is 8.5 lbs all set up with that nx8. I think something similar would be awesome!

Any idea what dimension the +p throat is?

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

What does that mean "+P"???

I assume its higher pressure but how to you achieve that? Open the throat/ neck up a little? If so I think that is what Robert did to my 6.5 SAUM just never heard it referred to as +P.
              Last edited by ColinR; 12-17-2020, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                Ill have one mocked up next week. It's a product we were eventually planning on offering for 2021. Maybe TBH will get first shot at it, and at a discount!

Perfect. If you do this one then I’m definitely in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post

I assume its higher pressure but how to you achieve that? Open the throat/ neck up a little? If so I think that is what Robert did to my 6.5 SAUM just never heard it referred to as +P.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                    Any idea what dimension the +p throat is?

Sierracharlie out....
                    I posted a YouTube video on it. Not sure the dimensions. I haven't looked into it any farther then the beginning research and following others builds. I'm currently not running anything that I think would benefit from it. But maybe some day

Comment

I posted a YouTube video on it. Not sure the dimensions. I haven't looked into it any farther then the beginning research and following others builds. I'm currently not running anything that I think would benefit from it. But maybe some day

I’m familiar with that set up. Been looking at his 260 terminator for a while as well. Thanks.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post

It isn't so much an opening of the throat as it is a more gradual entry/introduction into the lands. Generally leade angles are 1.5-3 degrees so I think they are reducing that angle and extending it out so it isn't just a freebore increase but it does reduce the pressure allowing them to get heavier bullets up to faster speeds. I believe the idea is similar to the 30/06 'Serengeti' chamber but I'm not 100% on that.

Shawn Carlock of Defensive Edge is the one who has really made his name doing the "+p" and he started with mainly larger bore diameters. According to his website he has seen an increase of up to 200fps in cartridges as small as the 260REM. The important part is your cartridge must have room left for usable case capacity to see a benefit.

His exact dimensions and method he doesn't give up his secret recipe but the idea behind it is not new.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                          I’m familiar with that set up. Been looking at his 260 terminator for a while as well. Thanks.

Sierracharlie out....
                          I figured you were! He has some cool and tempting ideas. One of these days!

Comment

I figured you were! He has some cool and tempting ideas. One of these days!

Yes he does. I’m gonna pick up his scope mounting kit as well, I like the looks of how he built it and functionality.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Interesting. I like the rifle— wouldn’t get a shoulder cannon caliber tho.

Comment

Seems like a #2 with a CF barrel and AG APR stock / folding chassis is in the lead with the long range 22 following a bit behind. Let’s start the build!!! Can’t wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X