Suppressor Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
    ... Come shoot mine on a 223... Shot to 600 no issue. Need to try it at a grand

The sandman does great on an AR
    I'll point you to a comprehensive shootout on 30 caliber cans. The YHM did really, really well like 2nd or 3rd place. It's quite impressive on the weapons I have tried it on. I got it on sale for a hair under 500. The only thing I don't like is that it is pretty heavy. I'm about to go try it today on 300 subs.

I've got two cans at this point and my third will probably be something like the dead air but I'll probably wait until they do another can shootout to compare all the new models. I'd lean toward the newer varminter 4.0 in Ti.

&#9664Previous Post Next Post▶ By: Brandon L. Maddox, Sioux Falls, SD Dakota Silencer has decided to liven up the traditionally slow sales month of July with one of the most American things possible – a huge silencer test shoot. With nine different locations including our flagship Sioux Falls location, we take pride in knowing what […]
    Last edited by ken800; 12-06-2020, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Silencerco omega in .30 cal. If you want you can also get a 556 front end to make it a little better on 556 just don't forget its on there. I run the .30 cal and love it. What ever brand you get look at weights. Titanium is nice. Don't want a 2lb brick on the end of your barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_speedpro View Post
        Silencerco omega in .30 cal. If you want you can also get a 556 front end to make it a little better on 556 just don't forget its on there. I run the .30 cal and love it. What ever brand you get look at weights. Titanium is nice. Don't want a 2lb brick on the end of your barrel.

I got me a silencerco Socom coming and can’t wait to get it out of jail the only reason I didn’t get the 30 cal can is they didn’t have one in stock and the back order is super long time they said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is my buddies company. I’ve got 3 of his, .30, 9mm, .22. He uses titanium on the baffles and tube.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotney View Post
            This is my buddies company. I’ve got 3 of his, .30, 9mm, .22. He uses titanium on the baffles and tube.

http://www.sharkprecision.com/Catalog.aspx
            I’ve shot some of David’s stuff with him in 2012, and talked with him for quite a while. Seemed very knowledgeable, and extremely friendly.

Comment

Wonder what the wait times are right now to get paperwork back. Been thinking hard about getting another omega 30

Comment

Originally posted by TX_speedpro View Post
                Wonder what the wait times are right now to get paperwork back. Been thinking hard about getting another omega 30
                I just put in for two more on my trust. Running about 5 months right now. Apparently working from home allows them to process faster.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                  I just put in for two more on my trust. Running about 5 months right now. Apparently working from home allows them to process faster.

Lmao right [emoji1787]

Comment

Maybe also look into an F1 can. I got my approval in about 40days. Some guys are getting approved in less than 30days. Anywho, I built a 7.5x1.5” Ti can with 2 60° heat treated 17-4 stainless blast baffles followed to 6 60° Ti baffles to finish it out. Can weighs 12.2oz and has an overall length of just under 8”. I’m using a Griffin minimalist brake on my 16” Six8 AR and it sounds like a 22 rifle. It’s completely hearing safe even when firing under a tin roof. The Remmy 300BO is even quieter. Both guns are running supers at the moment. I just had my Remmy 308 LTR threaded so that’s gotta get a Griffin Paladin brake to test the can. You can get more info about F1 cans on Form 1 forum. It has a wealth of info. Best of luck in your endeavors. Pic of the F1 can on my Six8.

Comment

Working...
                    X