No announcement yet.

Sour Pickled Beer gun is a 6.5x55

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what was the trade??? Best Maid or PKLFKR? How much did you have to trade?

Comment

Originally posted by Reelthreat View Post
      So what was the trade??? Best Maid or PKLFKR? How much did you have to trade?
      Best Maid Sour Pickle Beer

He wanted a 12 pk but I believe I did it right and got him a case. I believe it will be worth it in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
        Sounds like she deserves the first shot.
        She will get to shoot it, just might not be the first shot.

Comment

The 6.5X55 Swede is a great caliber.

Comment

Are there any markings on the rifle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Says Husgavarna (spelling is off) and some other words. That’s what the gunsmith said.

Comment

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
                Best Maid Sour Pickle Beer

He wanted a 12 pk but I believe I did it right and got him a case. I believe it will be worth it in the long run.
                I’ll trade him a case of the Bloody Mary version if there is another rifle up for grabs

Comment

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
                  I will for sure check at Cabelas my next trip for ammo. The gun shop I took it to had a box of Hornady for $39 for 20 rounds. So cheap ammo for pigs would be great.
                  If that's the Hornady Superformance, I would pass on it. It was tight in the chamber in my Ruger. Bolt was stiff to close and the cheaper ammo shot better. I think it was PPU that worked well, I haven't had a chance to try the Federal factory yet.

Comment

Great old round, it has been around since 1892 and has been hunted with all over the world. Ballistics wise think of it as an old 260 Remington or 6.5 Creedmoor. The 6.5X55 can do anything those can do except fit well in a short action.

Comment

Ill give you a case of pickle beer. I dont know what the regs are on guns but how cool would it be to have a pickle beer gun. Kinda like the sacajawea.

Comment

We need pics!

Comment

You have to mail order it but PRVI shot good in both the swedes I owned and it was cheap.

Comment

Awesome that one can trade a case of beer for a rifle! I missed the original thread but was able to dig it up just now. Good looking rifle!! Congrats on the score!

Comment

The 6.5 is Europe's 30-06 and has been forever.
                              A 338 lapua long distance shooter on the lease turned me on to the caliber. The BC is great.
                              More of a push than a kick.
                              You can do a lot with a Mouser action. Float, pack, and trigger change.
                              You really scored....

Comment

Pm sent to you Taz

Comment

Working...
                                X