Q Honey Badger re-classified to SBR.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LOC4L View Post
    What makes this not an SBR, I am genuinely asking, please don't flame me.
    The brace(stock) is not designed to be shouldered. It is designed to attach to your forearm.

Comment

Looks like a rifle more than a pistol to me.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
        I don't have one and tend to agree. However, Issue is ATF already approved the brace. The manufacturer of the brace actually worked with them to develop the standard.

ATF has not told Q why or how they came to the determination that their gun is not compliant. Q basically said we are willing to change anything, just tell us what....and ATF won't.

Side note ALL of the other companies (most much larger than Q) that have identical platforms/use the same brace have not been contacted by ATF.

Why Q, why now?

Comment

That’s besides the point.

The ATF is basically one day saying “it’s fine, go ahead and buy”, then the next day “nevermind, you’re all felons now”

We honestly should all band together and tell them to shove it. The NFA is an unconstitutional law.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
            Wonder what the over/under is on this affecting the million other braces.
            That was my question/ point. The precedent has been set.

Comment

Little more 411...the action taken was by what is likely a biased field & not with any NFA insight. I'm not ready to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Pretty good breakdown:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaGKe6JdyY8&t=633s"]The ATF Has Declared The Honey Badger AR Pistol Is Now A SBR! - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Here's your precedent...this is a copy/paste for the HB as they did the same angled measurement to exceed the 13.5" LOP. ATF is going to lose or drop this case IMO.

ATF Suffers Rare Court Loss in Ohio Unregistered ‘Short Barrel Rifle’ Prosecution

An Ohio Marine vet was prosecuted for possessing an unregistered short barrel rifle by the ATF. But the .gov didn't have its legal ducks a row. What a shame.

Comment

What I don’t get is why everyone wants one of everything and every rifle and pistol they can find just because it’s our 2nd Amendment right. What happened to the owning the staples. All I have is .22, 30-06, 243, 12 Gauge, 1911 and a 22-250. I’m as conservative as they come and look for less oversight and way less government. Maybe if everyone was quieter about their gun and ammo choices / purchases we’d have less division regarding such. I don’t know but figure it’s a worthless argument to have and “ just because I can” will always come in the end. But I do disagree with anyone that’s claims Biden will stand for your gun rights. He will Happily stand idly by with Harris and allow the disarming of this countries law abiding citizens in a heartbeat.

Comment

What I don’t get is why everyone wants one of everything and every rifle and pistol they can find just because it’s our 2nd Amendment right. What happened to the owning the staples. All I have is .22, 30-06, 243, 12 Gauge, 1911 and a 22-250. I’m as conservative as they come and look for less oversight and way less government. Maybe if everyone was quieter about their gun and ammo choices / purchases we’d have less division regarding such. I don’t know but figure it’s a worthless argument to have and “ just because I can” will always come in the end. But I do disagree with anyone that’s claims Biden will stand for your gun rights. He will Happily stand idly by with Harris and allow the disarming of this countries law abiding citizens in a heartbeat.

Comment

I'm not even sure how to address this...so because it's not your cup of tea, nobody else should care or want to own what you consider a must have??

To me you are missing one of the most needed staples & that is a dedicated long gun for protection...a battle ready AR in 5.56 is a no brainer. I hi cap sidearm wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Besides, this thread isn't about anyone bragging about choices or division between gun owners...it is about bogus over reach of an ATF field agent on a manufacturer by applying incorrect applications / descriptions to turn a legal pistol into unregistered SBR's making every HB owner a felon. Pretty serious deal.

Originally posted by Txfshrmn View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                        I'm not even sure how to address this...so because it's not your cup of tea, nobody else should care or want to own what you consider a must have??

To me you are missing one of the most needed staples & that is a dedicated long gun for protection...a battle ready AR in 5.56 is a no brainer. I hi cap sidearm wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Besides, this thread isn't about anyone bragging about choices or division between gun owners...it is about bogus over reach of an ATF field agent on a manufacturer by applying incorrect applications / descriptions to turn a legal pistol into unregistered SBR's making every HB owner a felon. Pretty serious deal.

This, so much this. It’s not about what you think others should own. That’s like saying we don’t need automatic cars it’s just a blind statement. The 2nd isn’t about hunting it’s about protection from a tyrannical government. This is what happens when you believe the NRA for the past 30 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by QuackHunter View Post
                          This, so much this. It’s not about what you think others should own. That’s like saying we don’t need automatic cars it’s just a blind statement. The 2nd isn’t about hunting it’s about protection from a tyrannical government. This is what happens when you believe the NRA for the past 30 years.

Make it 40 years for me. The NRA rocks! What d you have against the NRA?

Comment

Are you serious?

Corruption. Do some research before you support them any longer. Ole Wayne is in a bind.

Comment

The NRA has done nothing to progress our 2A rights and actually fight unjust laws or rulings. The fold on everything, they support red the Hughes amendment and bump stock ban. Meanwhile raking in millions a year and lining the pockets of the Execs like Wayne Lapier. They’ve preached about bolt actions and shotguns and how we have a right to own them but they’re silent on things like Modern semi autos, SBR’s, Suppressors and other NFA items. They’re a large face but do nothing for the community. Donate your money to organizations that actually fight for our rights like Firearms Policy Coalition and Gun Owners of America.

Comment

NRA had some huge successes in Chicago & DC but their general funds has been compromised by leadership...I only donate to NRA/ILA which $$$ is spent only in the courts & Friends of NRA where $$$$ stays local.

They are still the elephant in the room & have their place but need to change course with current leadership.

Comment

Working...
                                X