Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you Mike.

Have you seen any pics of people using fixtures to hold the magneto in position without attaching to the barrel? Not sure it's really a viable option but one to think about.

More money down the rabbit hole but it's part of the allure of fine tuning.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Yes. I’m sure it works but from what I’ve seen by the time you buy the fixture and the chrono I can get a Labradar with the recoil sensor attachment for the same cost and not have that goofy looking thing hanging off the end of my rifle. Plus I can get downrange velocities to help verify BC of the bullets if I am unable to stretch it out and verify drops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      Yes. I’m sure it works but from what I’ve seen by the time you buy the fixture and the chrono I can get a Labradar with the recoil sensor attachment for the same cost and not have that goofy looking thing hanging off the end of my rifle. Plus I can get downrange velocities to help verify BC of the bullets if I am unable to stretch it out and verify drops.

No doubt LabRadar is the ticket. I have been out of the game for a year or so and didn’t know about the recoil sensor, that’s a great addition especially if suppressed.

Comment

My only problem with Labradar is the doppler will not pick up .17 and some .20 caliber bullets, and any velocity over 4,000 fps. Basically worthless for my addiction to reloading small caliber rifles. I’ve witnessed an Oehler 35 pick-up and record .17 caliber bullets at 4,500+ fps. I do shoot bullets that fast, as this was done for research on new custom bullets.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
          And it’s as accurate as it’s $125 price tag would suggest, I have one...

The 35p mentioned above will be the most economical accurate option if found at that price, from there look at MagnetoSpeed and the LabRadar.
          Thanks for the feedback because I have been looking at them, but been doing some research on them as well. The guy at the range talked highly of it. Guess I am going to keep looking.

There is some great information in this thread as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
            My only problem with Labradar is the doppler will not pick up .17 and some .20 caliber bullets, and any velocity over 4,000 fps. Basically worthless for my addiction to reloading small caliber rifles. I’ve witnessed an Oehler 35 pick-up and record .17 caliber bullets at 4,500+ fps. I do shoot bullets that fast, as this was done for research on new custom bullets.

Yeah but you ain’t normal Blake! [emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              Yeah but you ain’t normal Blake! [emoji16]

Hes definitely a cooyon!

Comment

I have a LabRadar on the way, other than the carry bag and the tripod what do I need if not worried about shooting suppressed?

Comment

Working...
                X