No announcement yet.

Need a new rifle - can’t decide which one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my new Bergara 6.5 CM set up and scope mounted and bore sighted today. Break in this week end. Gonna be fun smelling fresh burning gun powder Sat morning at the lease. We have targets at 50, 100, 350, 500, and 800. Vortex Strike Eagle 5x25. This bastage is HEAVY. Definitely not a spot and stalk rifle. The scope is YUGE but has good vision for my old eyes. Almost like looking thru a Leupold but clearer.
    Attached Files

Comment

I was shopping for the same. I just didn’t like the feel of any of them and I really wanted the 6.5 prc. Almost bought the browning long range ( non cerakote, as I just don’t like cerakoted guns) but fell in love when I handled the tikka A1 tac, but it is only available in the 6.5 creedmoor, and I liked the rifle so much better then any thing else I looked at I bought it.

Comment

You're better off with the Creedmoor. Better ammo availability and a more versatile round for Texas game. Longer barrel life. As another poster mentioned if you need something stronger look at .270 or .284 options.

(No knock on the PRC overall - especially if you reload and want a fast 6.5 cal, say for WY antelope - OP just needs a rifle though.)

Comment

someone is selling a good looking bergara b14 6.5 creedmoor in the classifieds right now. I think my vote goes to the 6.5 creedmoor

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
            Link isn't working. What am I looking for?
            2.5# trigger spring. Definitely worth the few bucks it costs.
            Maybe itll work this time.

New Browning X Bolt Trigger Spring Kit will reduce your Trigger Pull from 4.5lbs to 2.5lbs. M*CARBO Browning X Bolt trigger adjustment is the best way to improve performance and accuracy. It's like the jewell trigger for your browning x bolt. Do your own browning x bolt trigger job in less than 20 minutes. M*CARBO Browning X Bolt Aftermarket Trigger!

Comment

If it was me it would be between at xbolt hells canyon and the bergara hmr pro. I’ve got an hmr pro in 6.5 creed and it’s accurate as can be but I have a hells canyon in 26 nosler and it is a warrior and might be my favorite all around hunting rifle. The bergara is nice but for hunting is a little on the heavy side

Comment

Originally posted by mzurovec View Post
                I'd agree you can find some kind of 6.5 PRC ammo in quite a few places, but can you find anything other than the cheap plinker stuff or Hornady?

In my experience over the past few months, it's nonexistent.

The Hornady eldX shoots pretty good for me. Here’s a 6” 4 shot group at 800yds from last weekend. When it’s that good, don’t see why I’d look for anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X