No announcement yet.

308 vs 6.5 Cr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As others have said, neither will gain you much over your 7-08 or your 270. I would either get the 308 just to have a 30cal, or think bigger. 300 win mag, 300 Weatherby, 338, 375, etc.

Comment

Have always been a big fan of the 6.5s. And then I used a 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser to take my pronghorn (see to the left). It worked, but underwhelming. I'll be using a .308 next time.

6.5 Cr isn't much different than the 6.5x55.

While I really like my 6.5, I'm not sure what I'll ever do with it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
        I bought both a few days ago....wife said one has to go so here we are. Might just say I sold one and keep it hidden .

I read the Creed is the better of the two but I love the bullet options for the 308, especially the larger grain billets for those hunts that mandate them.
        Which make and model?

Comment

6.5 for paper puncher .308 for everything else. The military dropped 6.5 Creedmor for their new snipers and kept .308...

Comment

.308 AR10 is a hog's or anything else's worst nightmare. But comparing the 2 side by side might be a little unfair since the 308 is on average 30gr-40gr larger than the 6.5. I would expect the .308 to do more damage which is what im looking for on pigs.
            Last edited by Fmjag64; 08-03-2020, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KoonceCrushed View Post
              .308 is dead, it is the rifle on sale and no one is buying them. The 6.5 Creedmore is the way to go into the future, it's no longer the man-bun caliber.
              HA! 308 ain't going anywhere.

Comment

Word

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                Out of the two I own a .308 so therefore it is vastly superior to the 6.5 creedmoor
                This. And the .308 has been around so long the liberals want to re-name it.

Comment

Originally posted by KoonceCrushed View Post
                  .308 is dead

Comment

What about the 6.5 -06 AI?

Comment

6.5 gets my vote. Check the ballistics and make your own decision.

Comment

Given the choice, I'd own both. More guns is always the answer

Comment

I’ve been impressed with the 6.5 but hard to beat my 308.

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post
                            Which make and model?
                            Savage axis....dropping into a chassis or better stock.

Comment

6.5 , plenty of ammo, accurate. Not knocking the 308 but recoil on my 6.5 is nothing.
                              Add a suppressor and this is a high caliber rifle your kids can shoot like a 22. My petite daughter can now shoot. My son was shooting the 2,3, and 400 at the range the first time we took it out. I have a 300 Savage, comparable to a 308, and they cant do this with that gun

Comment

Forgot to add, the added accuracy of my 6.5, it drops deer just as fast and my 300 and 270. . Again not knocking the 308 as some have trained themselves on its ballistics and it can be just as successful

Comment

Working...
                                X