New Dead Air can being released today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
    I have the standard Nomad 30 with Griffin Plan A and its absolutely awesome and love the idea of the Ti version.
    I run mine on some AR's I regularly shoot fast so I'm fine with the standard Nomad.

EDIT: 12.5" 5.56 barrel minimum is kind of meh but I understand why.
    Pretty pricey but for those wanting a quiet, lightweight precision can it’s a nice option.
    $950 street price. Not cheap, but not expensive either. Considerably cheaper than the Ultra 7 which is targeted similarly. The 12.5” is kinda meh for sure, but I wouldn’t rock this on a short rifle anyways. I’d stick to the Nomad 30 for that purpose regardless of rating.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
      $950 street price. Not cheap, but not expensive either. Considerably cheaper than the Ultra 7 which is targeted similarly. The 12.5” is kinda meh for sure, but I wouldn’t rock this on a short rifle anyways. I’d stick to the Nomad 30 for that purpose regardless of rating.
      True true. add a QD ($100) and a muzzle device ($100) and it bumps it up another 20% quickly though.

To use as a direct thread option on a mountain rifle it'd be awesome though for sure.
      Really interested to see some meter numbers on it

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
        True true. add a QD ($100) and a muzzle device ($100) and it bumps it up another 20% quickly though.

To use as a direct thread option on a mountain rifle it'd be awesome though for sure.
        Really interested to see some meter numbers on it
        If time works out I’ll snag one for the weekend to try on identical 6 Creeds side by side. Won’t be meter results, but give somewhat of an idea. I’m guessing similar meter numbers, but a slightly different tone.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
          If time works out I’ll snag one for the weekend to try on identical 6 Creeds side by side. Won’t be meter results, but give somewhat of an idea. I’m guessing similar meter numbers, but a slightly different tone.
          Awesome. interested to hear the feedback.

Comment

So does the 9.6oz include a direct thread mount?

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
              So does the 9.6oz include a direct thread mount?
              Yes that’s in direct thread configuration. The Keymo mount adapter adds weight to it.

Comment

If they don't start dropping some muzzle devices and keymos into the market soon, people are going to quit buying their cans.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                  If they don't start dropping some muzzle devices and keymos into the market soon, people are going to quit buying their cans.

They’re producing 6x the amount of cans every month they were able to 8 months ago. The back log just keeps getting longer regardless of how much they keep increasing capacity. They just went through a restructuring of manufacturing though, and that hurt mount availability quite a bit. It’s on the right side of things now though.

Comment

And I'm not sure I get it... an expensive light duty can. Is shaving 4 ounces off really worth an extra $200?

Comment

And I'm not sure I get it... an expensive light duty can. Is shaving 4 ounces off really worth an extra $200?

How much does one .308 round weigh, on average? Probably a couple ounces I’d imagine. Doesn’t seem worth $200 to me but I’m thrifty like that.

Comment

Then buy the cheaper option. That’s why they still make both. There’s no such thing as the perfect can. Some fill some roles better, and you can pick which fits your needs the best. No such thing as too many options. Personally I’ve got one of each, and each one fits specific roles better. Titanium isn’t a hard use material regardless of what a MFG says. We’ve measured noticeable erosion after a large handful of FA mag dumps in “hard use” titanium cans. The problem is titanium is still expensive to manufacture though. Hence the price.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                          How much does one .308 round weigh, on average? Probably a couple ounces I’d imagine. Doesn’t seem worth $200 to me but I’m thrifty like that.
                          Sure the total weight comes in to play, but it has a lot more to do with where the weight is placed. A light weight can is better for the light barrel profiles of most Hunting rifles. Throw a 22 ounce can on a 22” #3 and watch what happens. You’ll understand pretty quickly then. On a match rifle or a Sendero profile that’s hunting from a blind only it’s not nearly as much of an issue

Comment

Did I understand right? can't use it on any barrels under 12 inches?!?

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
                              Did I understand right? can't use it on any barrels under 12 inches?!?
                              You can use it on whatever you wish. It’s not rated or warrantied for 556 under 12.5. It’s not designed to be a hard use can. They have plenty of other options for that. This is designed primarily with the hunter in mind.

Comment

Nice one they came out with here. If I didn't have a TBAC Ultra 7 I'd probably be considering this.

Comment

Working...
                                X