Sub 30-06 rounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sub 30-06 rounds

Has anyone ever played around with the idea ? If so what was the powder you used ??

Originally posted by monster7 View Post
    Has anyone ever played around with the idea ? If so what was the powder you used ??

Trail boss will be your friend. Probably 12-14grains

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=BLACKFINTURKEY;14938233]Trail boss will be your friend. Probably 12-14grains

Well Spoken! Suggest heaviest grain bullet your barrel will stabilize. I would definitely go at least 190g or 200 g. IOW, the heavier the bullet, the easier it is to make sub-sonic. However, the weight limit is governed by barrel twist. If they are key holing at 100 yards, drop down on weight. Takes a lot of experimenting, but isn't that all the fun!!!!! Good luck!!!

Comment

Why?

That much empty case space isn’t the safest thing out there.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
          Why?

Agree. 300 Blackout is the best case for 30 caliber subsonic and the barrel twist will be correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
            Why?

years ago people use to fill with kapok fabric, not sure if anyone still does or not... if memory still serves me this is the fiberous stuff used in old style life jackets

Comment

I will agree about the 300 blackout being the best for this ….
              I was asked if I could load up some from a friend of mine .
              Told him I would look into it , but I really don't want to be the one that loads them
              for him .

Comment

Comment

Agreed it is almost impossible to beat a 300 blackout in terms of sub-sonic. But in terms of volume, Trail Boss takes up a lot more room as it is designed for low velocity applications. From HandLoader Magazine, "I filled a .44-40 case of Winchester manufacture with two 6.0-grain charges of Trail Boss (12 grains total) thrown from a powder measure. The case was filled to its brim. With any other powder that is relatively close in burning rate, filling the same case to the mouth would require charge weights of 25, 30 or more grains."

Comment

Working...
                  X