Cold Weather Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold Weather Hunt

We had a super strong cold front roll in while hunting yesterday....

Average temps were around 40F with strong winds...

That makes for a cold hunt in South Africa.

Come and join the hunt.

Interesting, not much cover. So how far south in Africa is that area? Always wondered how cold it typically gets in various places of Africa during their winters. South Africa is not that far away from the Antarctic, so it would seem like it could get fairly could down there.

Comment

Hi,
      I am situated around 3 hours drive east from Johannesburg on the Mpumalanga Escarpment at 6700ft above sea level.
      Its typical grass veld savanna.

South Africa gets snow regularly especially in the Drakensberg mountain range with peaks at 10 000 ft above sea level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok, I am going to look that up. With 6,700 ft. to 10,000 ft. elevations, I could see it snowing there often and getting a bit cold. That elevation explains the lack of trees for cover. I would guess the wind is regularly fairly strong to very strong.

Comment

In my area this time of year I have either a dominant easterly wind that normally brings in cold and moisture resulting in thick foggy conditions.

Or a westerly wind that can really get very strong especially when a strong cold front moves over the country.

Last week Friday we had gusts pushing 50mph.

Comment

Gerhard it’s not nice to post hunting videos, while you currently have everyone locked out of the country! I guess since oil is cheaper than bottled water, I don’t need to spend my money on hunting anyway. Great video, stay safe!

Comment

Cold Weather Hunt

Thank you Trapper!

Comment

Working...
              X