Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6.5 PRC pet loads (143 ELDX and H1000/IMR4831)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you can find it, VV N565 has by far out performed any powdered you listed in post with the 156 Berger and 143 ELDX in mine.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
      RL26 is even more popular, but it didn’t Perform near as well for me.
      Same here in mine. H1000 was better. But, N565 was a landslide better

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
        So no one loads 143 ELD-X with H1000 or 4831? I thought H1000 was the cat's meow. I guess if you get good enough accuracy with factory 143's, no need to handload!
        I’ll keep trying different bullets, powders, COLs etc before I settle for “good enough” from a factory load. FYI, hoping the load development won’t be to challenging when APR ships mine.

Comment

I'm trying to figure out how "we" told anybody not to handload? Haha. I think something has been lost in translation, but we do usually tell folks we have had great luck with factory stuff, simply because we have. That said, it can and will vary from lot to lot. As far as powders go I have had the best luck getting low ES/SD numbers from H4831SC. I wanted H1000 and Retumbo to work, but they didn't for me. I have not got around to testing RL26, but a lot of our customers swear by it in the PRC. All that said, I've got a healthy stash of factory 143ELDX that shoots exceptionally well in my lightweight PRC and has taken critters farther than I am comfortable posting on here

Comment

Originally posted by hweissert View Post
            If you can find it, VV N565 has by far out performed any powdered you listed in post with the 156 Berger and 143 ELDX in mine.

Originally posted by hweissert View Post
            Same here in mine. H1000 was better. But, N565 was a landslide better

Did either of y’all try VV N165?

Comment

Based on QuickLoads info I went with Hornady brass as is, Fed 215 primers, 140g Accubonds and VV N165 out of my CA Mesa and got .53” at 3055fps. First 3 shot group had ES & SD in single digits, 5 shot group both were low,dbl digits.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                Did either of y’all try VV N165?

Yes sir mine shot N160 and 165 well with lighter bullets (135 classic hunter and 140 hunting vld). It didnt with the heavies. I got this gun to shoot the 156 or 153.5 and N565 has been the ticket in mine for low Es/sd, tight groups, and velocity. My barrel at 2950 on the 156 has shot lights out. To get that speed with H1000 I started having a heavy bolt lift and groups opened up. I've switch A LOT of my rifles over to VV powder and love it! I was a Alliant fan for years but will say it's nice to not have to use a gallon jug of carbon cleaner to get throats clean

Comment

Working...
                X