Leupold Experts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leupold Experts

My brother in law died a few years back, and his widow is trying to sort out a bunch of gear. She's asked me to help with a number of scopes, 5 of which are Leupolds. There are 2 Mark 4 M1-16 scopes and a couple of others. Where might I go to get more info on these? I've sent Leupold a message about sending the serial numbers in, but haven't heard back yet. Thanks in advance,

Post up pics, condition, reticle, etc... as many of us can help with selling prices. The Mk4 16x was a different animal that was primarily used for long range shooting on 50 BMG’s, 338’s, and 300 WM’s 15-20 yrs ago. It offers a huge amount of MOA to dial in targets at 1000 yds to 1 mile. As LR shooting became more popular, other scope manufacturers offered variable model scopes in the same price range. Superb scopes in 1995 as their value plummeted once LEU discontinued the Mk4 line for civilians. There’s a market for them as you’ll have to find the right buyer and right selling price.

Comment

Thanks, Cajun Blake! There are 2 of each, and the 5th is at my shop. 2 are Mark 4 M1 16x, and the other 2 are Mark 8 7.5x. Look to be in very good condition with a little ring wear and one has a nick on the objective lens shield. Just trying to do right by my SIL, so I really appreciate your help. And I believe the Mk4s have duplex while the Mk8 have fine duplex.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ACbob; 06-14-2020, 01:41 PM.

Comment

In for price on 16x

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I’d love to have one of those M8 7.5x if that’s the gloss finish. I’ve been looking for a clean gloss finish scope for a while for an older rifle I own.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunter1041 View Post
            I’d love to have one of those M8 7.5x if that’s the gloss finish. I’ve been looking for a clean gloss finish scope for a while for an older rifle I own.
            Appear to be. The Mark 4s are a matte. Once I get a little more info on them I'll touch base with you, or have my SIL give you a call.

Comment

FYI. The M8 is not a mark 8. HUGE price and quality difference.

Call leupold on the mark 4. I don’t recall those markings on any of them. But I kinda recall someone saying they had a real one marked that way. Turrets look taller than standard M1s. It looks fake to me. I could be 100% wrong.

Edit. After searching for pics it may be legit. Still worth checking! I’ve never seen a fixed power mk4 in person!

Comment

Do you buy/sell on eBay or Gunbroker.com? One can search completed listings on either site & see what others have sold for - unless what you have is too rare, but then that would increase what they are worth too.

Anyway both sites are easy to sell on and while I'm a way bigger fan of Gunbroker, it's hard to beat the shear volume of potential buyers that see your stuff on eBay.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                  FYI. The M8 is not a mark 8. HUGE price and quality difference.

Call leupold on the mark 4. I don’t recall those markings on any of them. But I kinda recall someone saying they had a real one marked that way. Turrets look taller than standard M1s. It looks fake to me. I could be 100% wrong.

Edit. After searching for pics it may be legit. Still worth checking! I’ve never seen a fixed power mk4 in person!
                  Yep. Scope is an M8. Have found some on online sales sites and they seem to range from $200-$400, with most around $300. Emailed Leupold about serial numbers, waiting for reply. Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by KX500 View Post
                    Do you buy/sell on eBay or Gunbroker.com? One can search completed listings on either site & see what others have sold for - unless what you have is too rare, but then that would increase what they are worth too.

Anyway both sites are easy to sell on and while I'm a way bigger fan of Gunbroker, it's hard to beat the shear volume of potential buyers that see your stuff on eBay.
                    Have bought, but never sold. Thinking I may have her go consignment on the Mark 4s. Thanks,

Comment

Got some good information from the folks at Leupold. The Mark 4 scopes were made in 1994. The guy I spoke with had a couple and said he would never sell. The M8 scopes were made in the mid to late 1960's, but their dating catalog only goes back to 1974 so no specific date available.

Comment

Originally posted by ACbob View Post
                        Got some good information from the folks at Leupold. The Mark 4 scopes were made in 1994. The guy I spoke with had a couple and said he would never sell. The M8 scopes were made in the mid to late 1960's, but their dating catalog only goes back to 1974 so no specific date available.
                        Awesome! I don’t think there’s many around. Wouldn’t have a clue as to the value on it. Glad they verified it was legit!

Comment

Working...
                        X