No announcement yet.

Best AR option for $1k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Larue Upper Kit. Hands down. Multiple caliber, barrel length options, and a Texas company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Precision Firearms makes some real nice stuff. I have their Grendel upper paired with a Aero precision complete lower. Should be close to 1K

Comment

Originally posted by philcam View Post
        3 months ago I would have said a Colt 6920 at $995 or Colt OEM at about $750. Unfortunately, you are 3 months late to the game. ARs are hard to find right now and the good ones will be at a premium.

You’ll get people claiming Anderson, Aero and PSA. I’ve used them some turned out fine. Some turned out junk. Do you’re own research. I’ll stick to my Colt and BCM.
        What’s wrong with Aero? I’m fixing to build a pretty hopped up SBR on their M4E1 set

Comment

following

Comment

I have built 4-5 ar's. I had one that i built and put flip--up sights on at the range. 2-3 shots at 50 yards to sight in. went to the 200yrd mark and was ringing a 10" gong with open sights. Build was around 450-500, that leaves you 500 for glass. Way cheaper to build and easy to put together.

Comment

I’m happy with my Ruger AR556. No issues to date. I just put in a Rise drop-in trigger and upgraded to a Leupold scope. It’s a whole new gun. With the upgrades I probably have $1150 in it.

Comment

Seekins Precision SP15.

Just got one myself for $900 and love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Y’all have given me several good ideas I need to research. Several companies I haven’t heard of. My wife is gonna love it that I have my head in the phone researching all these guns lol. Keep the info coming!

Comment

Originally posted by T-roy66 View Post
                    X2 you will be happy the way it shoots.
                    x3

Comment

My Precision Firearms will shoot sub moa with handloads. Grendel loads are expensive so I am handloading all my ammo.

Comment

So many options from quality makers... make sure to check gun.deals for great deals online and spend the 25 to get it transferred. Smoky Mountain Guns and Ammo regularly has killer deals.

Don't get too carried away with spending X to get a certain level of quality. There are quite a few makers of quality firearms under $1K.

Comment

With the ease of putting the parts together, you can mix and match from a variety of manf and come away with a great performing and shooting AR. I lack time so I bought my upper and lower complete. I did drop in a Geissele trigger. Wasn't hard at all

Comment

So many options from quality makers... make sure to check gun.deals for great deals online and spend the 25 to get it transferred. Smoky Mountain Guns and Ammo regularly has killer deals.

Don't get too carried away with spending X to get a certain level of quality. There are quite a few makers of quality firearms under $1K and then you'd have a small budget for a halfway decent red dot.

For example:

Aero Precision M4E1 @ brownells using store code "WC3" for $819. It is a 20" barrel, however.

S&W M&P15 Rifle is the ideal modern sporting rifle. It is versatile, reliable, and built to perform multiple uses under various conditions. It is also lightweight and rugged which embodies the best combination of function and form. The Sport II optic-ready rifle features a Crimson Trace red-green dot optic sight which provides an out-of-the box sight solution on your optics ready rifle. With both red or green dot reticles, the you can pick the color and the intensity of the dot that works best for them. It also utilizes a gas block with an integral Picatinny-style rail, Armornite finish on the barrel both on the interior and exterior, and a forward assist and dust cover.   MODEL:M&P15 Sport II OR  TYPE:Rifle  ACTION:Semi-Auto  FINISH:Black Anodize  STOCK/FRAME:Collapsible / Folding Stock  STOCK/GRIPS:6-Position Telescoping  SPC FEATURE:Threaded Barrel Model  WEIGHT:6.91 lbs.  CALIBER/GAUGE:223 Rem | 5.56 NATO  CAPACITY:30 + 1  # OF MAGS:1  MAGAZINE DESC:30 rd.  BARREL:16"  OVERALL LENGTH:35" Extended / 32" Collapsed  RATE-OF-TWIST:1-in-9  RECEIVER:Aluminum  ADDL INFO:Crimson Trace Red/Green Dot  ADDL INFO:Chrome Lined Bolt Carrier  ADDL INFO:Dust Cover and Forward Assist

Smith and Wesson M&P 15 OR Carbine for $729 with red/green dot. This is a "budget rifle" but I have one and they are well made.

I would also second the "springfield saint" mentioned above. It's a lot of gun for the money. If you search around you should be able to find it around $750.

***Lastly***

Wiki Arms Search Engine for AR-15s in stock:

In stock AR-15 rifles for sale as cheap as $329.99, the best price for AR15 rifle from the selection of more than 100 stores on WikiArms.com
                            Last edited by ken800; 06-10-2020, 07:50 AM.

Comment

You wont get a better deal than the Larue one currently. If they don't want to build and dont want/need a very specific gun that's the best way to go.

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                              What’s wrong with Aero? I’m fixing to build a pretty hopped up SBR on their M4E1 set
                              Theres nothing wrong with Aero Precision, their receivers are some of the best out there to build off of.

I actually recently built a little 8" .300BLK off of their M4E1 lower, Special Edition Thunder Ranch upper & Atlas R-one handguard came out great.
                              Now I just need to find a Law Tactical folder on sale for it.

Last edited by BigJimmyRustler; 06-10-2020, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post

They work..... until they don't. Aero's QC isn't where it should be, or maybe in past panics they've pushed stuff out the door they shouldn't have.

I've built at least 6 Aero guns, including one for myself (now sold) and two for family members. I've had two problems with out of spec parts.

First was an Aero upper that was out of spec. It was machined a few thousands too big for the barrel extension. No matter how tight the barrel nut was, there was still some wobble. Either Aero or the retailer who sold it replaced the upper. It wasn't my gun, I helped a friend build it and he brought a new Aero upper back a few weeks later to finish the build. His second upper was fine.

Second one was an out of spec lower, and it was mine. The holes for the trigger pins were milled too large and the pins would walk. I noticed it during assembly, the pins had zero resistance going into the lower. The pins should stay in place with the hammer spring, but because the holes were too big, they could shift and walk out. I tried a couple of spare pins in my part box from past trigger upgrades; all with no luck. I'd had the lower in the safe for a year or more before I built it. Bought it in one of the $39.99 sales, so I couldn't complain on the price or return it. I ended up using KNS Anti-rotation pins to fix the problem. Sold the lower later with full disclosure.
                                Last edited by philcam; 06-10-2020, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X