Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plastic Ramline Stock Repair

I've got a Mauser 98 with an Israeli 308 Win Military step barrel
    It came with the military cut down stock.
    I got a plastic Ramline Stock but ... The area where the bolt release fits .. chipped.
    I would like to repair it and I'm good with wood stocks.
    With regular gun solvents .. etc.. What would hold up .. I tried .. JB weld just fell off after a few months ..

I was going to suggest JB Weld....

I used it on a Ramline stock to fill in gaps where too much material was removed for an after-market safety. It held for the few years I owned the rifle but I did not shoot it much.

You may need to pin it to give something for it to hold on to.

Comment

I would use some fiberglass resin and some shredded fiberglass. Then gouge out the hole, with a Dremel or small drill bit, maybe 1/8", kind of depends on the size of the hole. Basically create something that the epoxy can really bond to. Then pile up the epoxy a bit higher than the rest of the area or the original height of that area of the stock. Then once is has cured, sand it down and pain the area or the whole stock.

Comment

Thanks for the recommendations .. I tried the JB Weld but it didn't work after @ 6 months even with surface preparation...
        But going to try " Plastic Welding " with a combination of Epoxy meant for plastic .. then re-paint ..Let you know how it turns out with pics.

Comment

Working...
        X