Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would look at the Sig Saur scopes.

Comment

I have been re-scoping all my rifles with Leupold VX3I ,4.5.X14X50 except for 300 win mag it's topped with Zeiss 5x25x50 HD5.

X2 on VX-3I,

Comment

What do you guys look for when deciding on a scope? How do you compare them? How do you know if its quality? Are most junk if they aren't top of the line?

Comment

Originally posted by day0082 View Post
          I have been re-scoping all my rifles with Leupold VX3I ,4.5.X14X50 except for 300 win mag it's topped with Zeiss 5x25x50 HD5.

X2 on VX-3I,
          For a 257 weatherby this would be the bare minimum scope I would consider.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Another vote for meopta meopro
            Love mine and will no doubt get another

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
              this

Only option I would consider with that budget & would even go to the older vari-x III before any current mfg 300 dollar glass.

VX3 glass is an upgrade from the old Vari-X III.

The newer Leupold Freedom scopes wear the older VX3 glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have a VX3i 4.5-14x50 30mm tube with CDS I’d part with.

Comment

As someone who has done a lot of shooting over the last 12 years and used over 100 scopes, Meopta glass will not disappoint you. European quality for a great price. Last year they came out with the Optika6 line of 30mm scopes and 6X magnification. This year, Optika5 with a 1inch tube and 5X magnification. This should be a great option for hunters and priced right within your budget. Hopefully, these scopes will show up in 2-3 months.

Comment

Originally posted by bman940 View Post
                    As someone who has done a lot of shooting over the last 12 years and used over 100 scopes, Meopta glass will not disappoint you. European quality for a great price. Last year they came out with the Optika6 line of 30mm scopes and 6X magnification. This year, Optika5 with a 1inch tube and 5X magnification. This should be a great option for hunters and priced right within your budget. Hopefully, these scopes will show up in 2-3 months.
                    I've heard Cabelas scopes are made by them as well ... ?

Comment

Meopta made some scopes and Bino's for them prior to the merger of BPS buying Cabela's. They were essentially MeoPro glass with osme cosmetic differences.

Comment

Originally posted by TXbowman View Post
                        What do you guys look for when deciding on a scope? How do you compare them? How do you know if its quality? Are most junk if they aren't top of the line?

pretty good thread there, if you can weed through some of the opinions vs. facts/experience.

Comment

Always a lot of great info to be found. Everyone has their opinions, some more fact-based than others. Starting with a budget is the first thing you need to do, followed by use and input from others. I have worked around the Sport Optics business for the last 12 years and I have seen a lot. I am beyond thrilled to be working with a company like Meopta because of the quality of products they produce, their attention to detail and their pricing. I believe you will be hearing a lot more about them in the future. I do not do any sales at all guys. Meopta also offers a nice LE/MIL discount.

Comment

SWFA great scope for the money

Comment

Love my new Athlon Helos!!

Comment

I've got a Leupold Vari-X III 3.5-10x40 in the classifieds for $275 obo

Comment

Working...
                                X