No announcement yet.

Which suppressor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea sorry, I shoulda clarified. It will be an AR platform I will be putting the silencer on and I would love to be able to use it for multiple systems, pistol included if possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
      Yea sorry, I shoulda clarified. It will be an AR platform I will be putting the silencer on and I would love to be able to use it for multiple systems, pistol included if possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      For a do all (pistol included) you will need something like the SilencerCo Hybrid 46. It will work on all sorts of hosts. But it will not be the shortest, lightest, quietest on any of them. Jack of all trades, master of none.

For best results get a 30cal rifle can, a rimfire can, and a pistol specific can. If you choose wisely that will have you pretty much covered for every type host, in every caliber from 22lr up to the 30 cal magnums.

For an AR platform and ease of movement I suggest a QD mount. The DeadAir QD is top notch, When I buy my next can (DA Nomad probably) I will also be replacing my SiCo mounts with Dead Air and running their QD system on my Omega.

Like said before, whatever you go with, go ahead and pony up for a .22 can and submit the paperwork at the same time. Most fun you can have with your clothes on!!!

Comment

DA Nomad for a do all rifle can that performs excellent. Dead Air Mask for a 22 can. Pistol cans are a waste.

Comment

Just my observations, but everyone I’ve ever walked through the process that bought a do-all can have instantly bought caliber specific cans immediately after getting their first stamp. They’re like rabbits.
          If your user name is any indication, you may want to look into a form 1 can. Currrent wait is 4 weeks (unless covid messed it up)

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
            I’ve got 3 YHM resonators and for the money I’ve been impressed
            This is the route I went. I am happy.

Comment

I have the silencerco harvester and omega. I like them both but prefer the omega and if I only had 1 it would be the omega. The break on the end really does a good job or reducing recoil. But adds to length. My favorite thing about the omega is with the flat cap and direct thread configuration it’s only 6” long.

Comment

omega 30

Comment

Tons of good options out there. I've got an Ultra 7 and a Hybrid 46.

Ultra 7 is very lightweight and geared for precision shooting. Not a great option if you're going to be doing a lot of high volume shooting (mag dumps and such). I carry it hunting on bolt guns.

Hybrid 46 can shoot anything from .223- 45-70 and just about everything in between. It's heavy to use on pistols, but if you want a utility can I've been really happy with mine. Full auto rated and it sounds great.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                  X