No announcement yet.

Extra Magazine for EDC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The “ holster” I use has two “ pockets” one for the weapon and one for spare mag.

Comment

Be careful with pockets, I've gotten pocket lint stuck in the feed lips a few times from that.

Luckily never had to use it for serious purposes but that would definitely caused a problem.

Comment

When I carried a G42 I carried with 8+1 and another 8rd mag in a small kydex IWB.

Now- I just carry a G19 with standard mag fully loaded. I do keep a spare mag in kydex clipped inside my truck for grab and go if needed. I also have my vest and duty mags if needed.

Comment

I don’t out of laziness and I’m a minimalist. I would like a hellcat or p365 for higher round count than the typical single stacks to make up for it.

Comment

Don't just think about an extra mag as extra ammo. Magazines can and will malfunction, so a double feed after the first round turns that 17 round mag into a single shot. I carry an extra mag any time I carry. It is usually in my offside back pocket next to my wallet. Like stated above, make sure to keep your mags clean and free of debris.

Comment

I usually carry an extra in my left front pocket, although I really don’t know why.

If you’re in a fight and reloading your carry gun out of a pocket, you’re already screwed.

Comment

No lint, water “ proof” liner against your body so sweat does not affect weapon. And you don’t need to wear a belt. So you can carry totally concealed no matter what you wear.
                Last edited by critter69; 03-11-2020, 09:30 AM.

Comment

If I’m carrying my G43, I have an IWB holster with an extra mag attached. If I’m carrying my G19, I typically don’t carry an extra mag.

Comment

Working...
                  X