Threaded Rimfire Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Threaded Rimfire Options

Just picked up my .22 suppressor (SiCo Spectre22). Have really only looked at the ruger american and precision rimfire options. What are some other options that y'all may have experience with? Gun will not be a safe queen, more of a truck gun. Also, have read mountains of stuff online between .17hmr, wsm and 22mag, any opinions on one or the other would be great as well.

I have a ruger tac take-down threaded and a Savage mkII FV-SR with no complaints. Also threaded my 17 hornet to shoot with a can which is a blast.

Shooting anything with a can is more enjoyable whether its sub or super but just consider the overall length if its a truck gun.

Comment

I like my Savage MKII-FVSR. Pretty regularly does 1" groups at 100 with CCI subsonic HP. Mine is the camo stock, I think I gave right at $300 for it a couple years ago.

Comment

I love my Savage mkII FV-SR. Be sure and get a threaded 22lr handgun as well, they're super fun suppressed. Can't beat the Ruger Mark IV Lite

Comment

Look at the CZ 457 as well they have several options that are threaded. Not bad pricing and will shoot lights out.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

For shooting hogs in the traps we use this Mossberg 464 in 22lr. Tough little rifle.
            KIMG1846 by Tony Pic, on Flickr

The Ruger 10/22 takedown works nicely also with the same can.
            026 by Tony Pic, on Flickr

Comment

10/22

i have the savage also, it shoots subs real well.

not to hijack....but does the 10/22 cycle subs?

Comment

Originally posted by mikem View Post
                i have the savage also, it shoots subs real well.

not to hijack....but does the 10/22 cycle subs?
                When it is clean and lubed well. After about 100 rounds, then the stove pipes come.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                  Look at the CZ 457 as well they have several options that are threaded. Not bad pricing and will shoot lights out.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
                  457 hands down IMO. I’ve got an FV-SR also that shoots well enough, but man it’s just not a nice gun. It’s like taking a fat girl home from the bar when you can score that 9 with a tiny bit of effort. Sure they’ll both get the same end result, but which one are you going to enjoy more?

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                    457 hands down IMO. I’ve got an FV-SR also that shoots well enough, but man it’s just not a nice gun. It’s like taking a fat girl home from the bar when you can score that 9 with a tiny bit of effort. Sure they’ll both get the same end result, but which one are you going to enjoy more?

CZ457/455
                    Tikka T1X
                    Vudoo

Comment

CZ457
                      Tactical solution X ring are my favorites. That 457 I bought my daughter is a shooter lol

Comment

I have a 22 mag Ruger Precision, and I love it. Also have a 10/22 with integral barrel that is pretty danged nice, but it isn't the tack driver the precision is.

Comment

Originally posted by 300rem7 View Post

CZ457/455
                          Tikka T1X
                          Vudoo
                          I haven’t got to shoot the T1X, but I’ve heard nothing but good. The Vudoo caught my attention, but the two locals I know with them have had constant mag issues. The rifles themselves are awesome. I love the idea of them though, and I’m waiting for the Zermatt Rimx. Their mag design is supposed to alleviate any feeding issues, which for the $125+ it costs it **** sure better. I wanted a 455 PT for the longest, but never pulled the trigger. Glad I didn’t. IMO the 457 improved on many aspects of the 455, and is considerably more rifle for the money. Probably about to snag another 457.

Comment

Threaded Rimfire Options

I picked up the Ruger American in 17hmr. It’s a hammer, extremely accurate with 17g Hornady V-Max. I cut it down to 16” and threaded it for my DeadAir Mask. Absolutely love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

CZ is great, Ruger is good, Savage is ok.

Comment

Working...
                              X