No announcement yet.

Box Ammo for 7mm Rem Mag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

175 for me . I have tried some of the lighter bullets and they fragmented to bad at closer range (50 to 75 yds,) for my liking. Most people I know like the extra speed of the lighter bullets but for my shots they don't do anything for me.

Comment

I shoot the Hornady American Whitetail 139gr out of mine. It likes them and so do I.

Avatar buck was shot with it at 238 yards.

Comment

Whatever cup and core bullet shoots best

Comment

Core Lokt

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
          This.

I am shooting 1/2 MOA with my .308 with CoreLokt’s.

I had similar results with Hornady American Whitetail, but could justify the added costs over the Remington’s.

All my hunting shots will be 400 yards or less.
          That's all I shoot in all my rifles. Deadliest Mushroom in the woods. I have tried about every bullet they sell $60 and $70 a box and I much rather the Core Lokts. They group really well and hold together upon impact. I sight in at 3" high at a 100 yds and am about dead on at 300 yds. in my 7 mag and 270 WSM. can't beat em for the price.

Comment

I would give the 150gr Federal Fusion a try. Expand well and do a good job of holding together. Dad shoots them out of his 7 Mag and pretty much always gets an exit, even at close range.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
              What weight of bullet are you guys liking for all around hunting purposes?
              I shoot 160 grain.

Comment

Originally posted by freerhunter16 View Post
                I would give the 150gr Federal Fusion a try. Expand well and do a good job of holding together. Dad shoots them out of his 7 Mag and pretty much always gets an exit, even at close range.
                I like the price here! I am looking at AccuBond, Barnes, and Hornady ELDX as well. Just looking for what tip really turns the lungs to Jelly

Comment

I've seen very few modern hunting bullets that performed poorly on whitetails, regardless of cartridge or range. I think it's more about which one really shoots well from a particular rifle.

Comment

I like the price here! I am looking at AccuBond, Barnes, and Hornady ELDX as well. Just looking for what tip really turns the lungs to Jelly
                    People can say all they want to about all the fancy bullets out there today but when it comes to Lower 48 game you can't beat the Fusion or the Speer Gold Dot when it comes to terminal performance. They don't come apart and for factory ammo they normally shoot very well, every one I have ever recovered has been a picture perfect mushroom. I always start with the Fusions when I'm looking for factory ammo and I can't say that I have every had them shoot "bad" in any rifle/caliber.

Comment

For the 7mm all around ammo is hard to beat the 160g Nosler Accubonds. You can find factory loads for that bullet by Federal and Nosler that I know of, maybe others as well. The fusions are good and typically very accurate, but if you ever think you may take shots at distance the Accubond is going to be a better choice.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                        For the 7mm all around ammo is hard to beat the 160g Nosler Accubonds. You can find factory loads for that bullet by Federal and Nosler that I know of, maybe others as well. The fusions are good and typically very accurate, but if you ever think you may take shots at distance the Accubond is going to be a better choice.

This is what i'm thinking about. I have killed plenty critters with cor lok's out of a .270, but if there is better ammo out there that will perform both up close and long range I would rather start with that.

Comment

[/B]

This is what i'm thinking about. I have killed plenty critters with cor lok's out of a .270, but if there is better ammo out there that will perform both up close and long range I would rather start with that.
                          With a factory gun most likely the twist rate is 1:9 1/2 or maybe 1:10. That will work very well with 160s, I would not get caught up with the heavies like the 175s-190s in that round as the twist is probably too slow. I killed a slough of animals with my factory Remington 700 7mm with the 160 Accubonds out to 400 yds. I've since installed a Bartlein 7mm barrel in 7mag with a 1:9 twist and shoot 180s now.

Comment

The 7mm Mag and the 140 gr bullet are like a match made in heaven. So many good bullets today but I would look at the Barnes Vortex TTSX BT if you are going to shoot factory ammo.
                            I shoot a lot of Barnes bullets but I also reload all of my own ammunition. It is a heck of a bullet if your rifle will shoot it accurately and you won't know that with any bullet until you try them.
                            Good luck and let us all know what you settle on.

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                              The 7mm Mag and the 140 gr bullet are like a match made in heaven. So many good bullets today but I would look at the Barnes Vortex TTSX BT if you are going to shoot factory ammo.
                              I shoot a lot of Barnes bullets but I also reload all of my own ammunition. It is a heck of a bullet if your rifle will shoot it accurately and you won't know that with any bullet until you try them.
                              Good luck and let us all know what you settle on.
                              Giving this round a hard look.

Comment

I have the same gun. Suppressed The Barnes ttsx out of the box was my best performer. I tried Remington and federal against it. Was getting 1/2 moa off a lead sled at 200 yards with the Barnes. I used a cheap box American something to burn the barrel in and then refoul it. They actually shot Moa surprisingly. Found them for 20$ a box on a midway sale.

Comment

Working...
                                X