Shipping Lowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
    From the way I understand it, once a Rifle always a rifle. Someone feel free to correct me.
    If it's a rifle it's a rifle but if you assemble it as a pistol it can never be a rifle again. Rifles can be converted to pistols but you can never make a pistol into a rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by nairb2580 View Post
      Good deal. Couldnt remember if they would ask whats inside or not.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
      I ship guns I sell on GunBroker all the time. In the warning question you have to verify on their machine at the desk it asks about weapons along with all the hazmat stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ahlongslide View Post
        Except FedEx and UPS policy is to not ship them unless it’s to a FFLs.
        And the ATF says that you are required by federal law to notify the carrier that it’s a firearm.
        Must be some sneaky people on this site. I've had handguns shipped to my door via UPS. And one of them is on this thread!

Comment

Originally posted by cjsplitts View Post
          If it's a rifle it's a rifle but if you assemble it as a pistol it can never be a rifle again. Rifles can be converted to pistols but you can never make a pistol into a rifle.

That’s 100% backwards.

Comment

There’s several of you that are spreading false info. Big time.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              There’s several of you that are spreading false info. Big time.
              I hope I covered my mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                I hope I covered my mistake.
                You’re good!

Comment

Here are the sources from my non-legal advice
                  Attached Files

Comment

What I get from those is that it is LEGAL if you can find a 3rd party carrier that will ship it after you notify them that it’s a firearm. Maybe your UPS or FedEx will, their corporate policy is to not ship to other individuals, and I’ve been rejected by every UPS/FedEx center I’ve ever tried, including the big hubs. I’ve talked them into calling corporate based on forum suggestions and they said corporate confirmed they can’t. BUT feel free to give it a shot. Worst thing that could happen is they turn you down.
                    OP, like a bunch suggested earlier though, yours is technically a rifle and so you can ship it USPS

Comment

As far as AR lowers are concerned. Correct me if I am wrong.
                      When the ORIGINAL 4473 is filled out. The box is checked as to if it is a pistol or a rifle. THAT I believe is the factor that makes an AR lower a handgun or long gun and that designation stays with it in perpetuity. At its birth so to speak.
                      Changing them back and forth, I am not current on.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                        As far as AR lowers are concerned. Correct me if I am wrong.
                        When the ORIGINAL 4473 is filled out. The box is checked as to if it is a pistol or a rifle. THAT I believe is the factor that makes an AR lower a handgun or long gun and that designation stays with it in perpetuity. At its birth so to speak.
                        Changing them back and forth, I am not current on.
                        Nope, they have a box for “other firearms (frame, receiver, etc)”

Comment

Originally posted by ahlongslide View Post
                          Nope, they have a box for “other firearms (frame, receiver, etc)”
                          Every lower I have bought has been checked "Other". I saw a video that said if you make it into a rifle first then you can change it into a pistol later but if you build it as a pistol first it must stay a pistol. Or it could be the other way around, I cant really remember but I'm not sure how they would know what you built first unless you had pictures. Either way, this lower was built as a rifle from the get go even though I have no proof of it. The lower has been shipped and is currently out for delivery today so I figure it went ok...

Comment

It’s the other way. You can’t go from a rifle to a pistol. It’s all so ridiculous though.

Comment

Guy buys an AR lower / AR Rifle / AR Pistol then builds up and/or strips down & changes it again to an AR / Pistol or Rifle.

Guy then strips it down to a lower & sells to a friend who then plays with it & then sells just the lower online & it's shipped to me...it's logged in as an other firearm even though it has been both a pistol & rifle multiple times over.

Same thing with a xp-100 action...it started it's life very likely a 221 Fireball pistol. If I get a 700 action one can assume it was a rifle, but I don't call big green for the original caliber. They are now others / actions with a NA cal that can & have been made into both pistols & rifles. How many lowers are out there marked 5.56/223 but have a 300BO upper being used on it?? Kinda nuts.

I doubt ATF is losing sleep because there is still traceability with make, model & s/n available on the lower / action. I'm not sure what the law is regarding switching from rifle to pistol or back and forth but you know there are plenty of lowers born a pistol or rifle but then sold stripped to an unknown party & reversed. I have not ever heard of anyone getting in trouble over this scenario??

Comment

Artos is correct !! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Working...
                                X