No announcement yet.

1968 Remington 700

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take good care of that rifle, I would not do a thing to it other than keeping it oiled up and clean. The 30-06 caliber is perfect for hunting most anything in the lower 48 states and it’s an old classic. It has to be one of the most overlooked calibers these days.

My dad gave me a little Marlin saddle gun in 30-30 that he bought new in 1956. I have killed bear and a mountain lion with that rifle. Sure is a humbling experience to use a gun that grandpa or dad carried to hunt with.

Comment

I have a ‘63 in 264 win mag that was my great grandpas. It looks just like this except it has a lot of use worn into it. It’s been to Colorado a few times and killed one elk that I know of. I’ve only killed a big hog with but try to take it out every now and then.

Comment

I have one made the same year, still hunt with every year. Never let me down.

Comment

Great gun even better gift

Comment

Great gun! Back when the Remington quality was top notch!

Comment

Can't say anything more than what some of the other guys have told you but I will say that looks to be in really good shape and you should be proud to own it. I had that same model in a 222 years ago and wish I still had it because it was just a great shooting rifle.
              Have fun with it and cherish it because it was your grandfather's.

Comment

I have one in 243 and have carried it all over the state and killed more deer with it than all my other guns combined, but I put it away after it put a hole in my garage wall. If you do anything with it, put a new trigger in it or put it in the safe.

Comment

Working...
                X