No announcement yet.

2020 APR Customer Supplied Action TBH Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will a long action work for 300 prc rifle or would it need to be ultramag length? I see both listed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Remington 700s have two lengths, long and short. You will need a Remington LONG action 700 with a magnum bolt face.

The only difference on the action itself with a 'normal' magnum and the 'ultra' is the feed rails. Which may or may not be an issue depending on what bottom metal or magazine you intend to run but those questions would need address directly with APR.

Comment

can I bring a whole gun over there and let you disassemble it for the action?

Comment

Originally posted by fishman View Post
          Probably not much help here...but, more work/time=more money. I would break it down to a barreled action and usually $50 is what most gsmiths in my area will charge to remove the barrel if they have the time.

Comment

Originally posted by fishman View Post
            Pull it out the stock and deliver the barreled action. I’d assume this is how most 700s come to them anyway. They’ll probably give you your old barrel back to do with what you want. My guess is pulling the old barrel is part of the quoted build.

Comment

If any of you guy's need a action pm me I have a few.

Comment

Originally posted by kcmarullo View Post
                Sent

Comment

Originally posted by kcmarullo View Post
                  PM Sent

I am looking for a Remington 700 long action magnum for 300wm. Let me know if you have one and price. thanks Rick.

Comment

I think I’m in on this. I need some feedback though. I have a .300 wm donor. I’m not good with a lot of recoil. I’m considering going with a 7mag, unsure of twist to shoot lighter bullets (for recoil), but also want the option of shooting heavier if the opportunity arises. I’m sure a 9” twist would probably handle my requirements. Choosing the 7mag for the abundance of factory ammo.

Please advise. I need all the help I can get.

Comment

2020 APR Customer Supplied Action TBH Deal

Originally posted by scotth89 View Post
                      I think I’m in on this. I need some feedback though. I have a .300 wm donor. I’m not good with a lot of recoil. I’m considering going with a 7mag, unsure of twist to shoot lighter bullets (for recoil), but also want the option of shooting heavier if the opportunity arises. I’m sure a 9” twist would probably handle my requirements. Choosing the 7mag for the abundance of factory ammo.

Had to edit after I saw the factory ammo part. 7mag with a brake will be nice but even a 300wm with a good brake is fun to shoot.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                        You could go 264 Win Mag. And if you put a brake on it it will be even more sweeter. If you reload it makes that caliber all that more attractive.

Sierracharlie out…

I considered that, I will never reload though. The availability of factory 7mag ammo is the deciding factor. I’m sure I could buy .264 online and find out what the gun likes and stock up on that when the time comes. I just hate to drop the coin finding what pills the .264 likes.

Comment

I considered that, I will never reload though. The availability of factory 7mag ammo is the deciding factor. I’m sure I could buy .264 online and find out what the gun likes and stock up on that when the time comes. I just hate to drop the coin finding what pills the .264 likes.

Yeah I had to edit my post after I read the last part haha

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                            Yeah I had to edit my post after I read the last part haha

Sierracharlie out…

Thanks for the input. Do you think the 9” twist is the best all around for 7mag? Will it handle the lighter grain bullets?

Comment

Thanks for the input. Do you think the 9” twist is the best all around for 7mag? Will it handle the lighter grain bullets?

Should be able to cover anything you want to do with factory ammo and a 9 twist. If you were wanting to go only heavies and handload I’d go prob 8.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Agree that for factory ammo a 1:9 will be fine for a 7rm. But what are you wanting to do with this rifle? Like how far do you want to punch paper, and hunt animals? Deer sized game or bigger like really long shots on elk and bigger game?

But I also agree a 7rm with a good brake will be no problem to shoot just don’t forget your ear plugs when hunting. It’s amazing what a good brake will do. My 7lb 28 nosler with a brake is like shooting a 243, but extremely loud. So much so I double up on ear protection at the range.

If your just looking to hunt out to 500 yards and minimize recoil, and use that action I’d look really hard at the 6.5 prc. There is a lot of factory ammo out and coming out.
                                Last edited by ColinR; 01-27-2020, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X