2020 APR Customer Supplied Action TBH Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
    I haven’t. Maybe I should call to get an update.
    Actually got a call today that my reamer is in which was the last thing needed for the build. Should be ready in about 2 weeks !!!!!!!! Now I just need ADG to have brass available.

Comment

Actually got a call today that my reamer is in which was the last thing needed for the build. Should be ready in about 2 weeks !!!!!!!! Now I just need ADG to have brass available.

What caliber?

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by Main Frame View Post
        Mine is also waiting on a barrel.
        Mine is waiting on a stock. Started this April 9. I was told 6-8 weeks wait for the stock. Tomorrow is 10 weeks, no stock yet. On the plus side, deer season isn’t until November.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
          what caliber?

Sierracharlie out…
          6.5 saum

Comment

2020 APR Customer Supplied Action TBH Deal

6.5 saum

What called for a special reamer just out of curiosity?

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
              What called for a special reamer just out of curiosity?

Sierracharlie out…
              I wanted to take full advantage of building on a long action and of the case capacity. The standard reamers seat the bullets a little far down in the case. After talking to Robert we also put a little extra space in I think the neck to get a little more speed. Not sure if neck is the right thing here he just said he has been doing something to his rifles to get a tad more speed and asked if I wanted to try it on mine. Of course I said heck yea. I loaded a dummy round with the actual bullets I plan to shoot and we sent it to the reamer manufacturer and they made the reamer to it.

Comment

I wanted to take full advantage of building on a long action and of the case capacity. The standard reamers seat the bullets a little far down in the case. After talking to Robert we also put a little extra space in I think the neck to get a little more speed. Not sure if neck is the right thing here he just said he has been doing something to his rifles to get a tad more speed and asked if I wanted to try it on mine. Of course I said heck yea. I loaded a dummy round with the actual bullets I plan to shoot and we sent it to the reamer manufacturer and they made the reamer to it.

Very nice I love me some true customs rifles!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
                  Mine is waiting on a stock. Started this April 9. I was told 6-8 weeks wait for the stock. Tomorrow is 10 weeks, no stock yet. On the plus side, deer season isn’t until November.
                  Same here. I put my order in around early February. Still waiting on a barrel.
                  .22 Creedmoor

Comment

Originally posted by corps2010 View Post
                    Same here. I put my order in around early February. Still waiting on a barrel.
                    .22 Creedmoor
                    I just realized that I posted in the wrong thread. My build is separate from the supplied action build. Also, believe it or not, patience has never been my strong suit! 😂. I’m sure the Wuhan flu is responsible for some delays. Hopefully soon though!

Comment

I updated the other build thread, so I'll update this one as well. Most of you already know your status, but I'll sum it up here for those that don't. We need barrels!

Muller isn't really a secret, but they kind of were our little secret in the fact that we could get a top-shelf cut rifled barrel in a reasonable amount of time. It's quality I would put up against ANY of the other brands. I guess the secret is out because they are slammed and way behind schedule. They still have a few missing barrels from one of the Feb PO's we submitted. Andy has assured us that they are focusing on catching our stuff up......and we did receive a shipment from them this week, so don't lose hope. Just like I said about the McMillans in the other thread,the wait is worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                        I updated the other build thread, so I'll update this one as well. Most of you already know your status, but I'll sum it up here for those that don't. We need barrels!

Muller isn't really a secret, but they kind of were our little secret in the fact that we could get a top-shelf cut rifled barrel in a reasonable amount of time. It's quality I would put up against ANY of the other brands. I guess the secret is out because they are slammed and way behind schedule. They still have a few missing barrels from one of the Feb PO's we submitted. Andy has assured us that they are focusing on catching our stuff up......and we did receive a shipment from them this week, so don't lose hope. Just like I said about the McMillans in the other thread,the wait is worth it.
                        Any updates on AG Composites stocks?

Comment

I'll echo Robert's comments on the muller barrels being worth it. I've had two and they've been very accurate and easy to tune.

I change rifles like I change underwear but by APR 30 nosler had found a permanent home next to my apr 22-250AI (original group build era) and my beloved marlin in 45-70. The only more rooted to the safe are my family rifles.

I built this 30 nosler on a tenacity action, muller barrel and ag stock about 9 months prior to this year's group build so I like to think I had a bit of influence as I had talked it up a bit...[emoji6]

What I like best is the flexibility. I've shot 4 bullets in 3 weights to 1.5 inches or a tad better at 300 yards.

I love to tinker with loads but I believe I've settled on the 230 berger at 2980.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200314-102841_Photos.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	24621066

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

While mostly tuning a new bullet for my 22-250Ai I shot 3 rounds of the 30 nos pictured above with the muller barrel from a bipod and rear bag. A little more vertical than I'd like to see but its hanging in at the sub .5 moa at 300.

I think the vertical was me not consistently loading the bipod, my ES was 11.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200619_112203.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	24621097

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
                              Any updates on AG Composites stocks?
                              All are in for this project.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                                While mostly tuning a new bullet for my 22-250Ai I shot 3 rounds of the 30 nos pictured above with the muller barrel from a bipod and rear bag. A little more vertical than I'd like to see but its hanging in at the sub .5 moa at 300.

I think the vertical was me not consistently loading the bipod, my ES was 11.

[ATTACH]1007771[/ATTACH]

Love that 30 Nos. Way underrated and overlooked with everything else out there now.

Comment

Working...
                                X