2020 APR Customer Supplied Action TBH Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
    Got it. Just out of curiosity why? Because of how hard the factory barrels can be to get off?

Sierracharlie out…

Yes sir. You can wreck the lug abutments/raceway with the force it sometimes takes to get the factory barrel off using an inside wrench. I have a dedicated outside wrench that lives for nothing else but breaking those stubborn #&%*#$%'s loose

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
      Yes sir. You can wreck the lug abutments/raceway with the force it sometimes takes to get the factory barrel off using an inside wrench. I have a dedicated outside wrench that lives for nothing else but breaking those stubborn #&%*#$%'s loose

Makes total sense. So for argument sake the use of the inside wrenches for home barrel swaps on a pre shouldered barrel, would that be the same concept or not because of the lower poundage of 80-100ft lbs?

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
        Makes total sense. So for argument sake the use of the inside wrenches for home barrel swaps on a pre shouldered barrel, would that be the same concept or not because of the lower poundage of 80-100ft lbs?

Sierracharlie out…
        100 lbs and under = no problem. You might be shocked how much force it takes to break the factory installed barrel loose. I still am........almost every time! Haha

Comment

Originally posted by ahlongslide View Post
          Nice! I kept eyeing the Impact-29 Reticle... let me know what you think about it.
          Speaking of scopes, I think I accidentally ordered 2 "DNZ 1-Pc Base & Ring Combo 700 Long Action 30mm Medium Black Matte Finish UPC: 879956001238"

If any of you ordered a LA APR and need one shoot me a PM.

Lets hope we get our orders, I was just checking their customer service reviews and they don't look pretty. I also recommended another friend and he placed over $1100 on one rifle and scope.

Comment

Originally posted by RF76 View Post
            Lets hope we get our orders, I was just checking their customer service reviews and they don't look pretty. I also recommended another friend and he placed over $1100 on one rifle and scope.
            They sometimes take their time, but lockedloaded has always completed each order I've made with them. just annoying as you have up to a 10 business day wait in worst case.

Comment

Yep. I’ve gotten my orders every time, and all of mine have been fast. Judging by where mine have shipped from, they just drop ship from distributors and manufacturers, so they are counting on them for inventory and shipping and handling. Just a guess though

Comment

anyone send a new Defiance action to Robert, or another custom action?

Comment

Originally posted by ATXArcher View Post
                  Dang it. Resolution isn’t good enough to zoom in and see if my name is on one of those boxes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by JRL; 02-08-2020, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzsaw View Post
                    anyone send a new Defiance action to Robert, or another custom action?

Bought one from Robert but that’s for another build [emoji6]

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I’m still trying to make up my mind on what to go with...should I go with left or right? any guesses on cartridge-

Comment

Originally posted by Txarrowhunter View Post
                        I’m still trying to make up my mind on what to go with...should I go with left or right? any guesses on cartridge-

6.5-284 Norma
                        left is 140gr. Berger VLD
                        right is 140gr. Nosler Accubond

Comment

28 nosler?

Comment

280 Ackley

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
                              280 Ackley

That’s part of the name yes...

Left is 6.5x280 Ackley 140vld
                              Right is 25x280 Ackley 110AB course I’d make it a fast twist for 131’s

Comment

My gut thought was 280, but dang it that case looked a lot longer.

Comment

Working...
                                X