The Official 2020 TBH/APR Special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Help on the stock. Is the "molded in color" option mean a swirly pattern from McMillan?

I was wondering what that means as well. I figure they’d of asked when I placed my order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txagyotebuster View Post
      Here is something i just saw on IG with a maroon and gray sponge look for the guy asking about the maroon (i ordered black base with gray and maroon sponge)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That was me. Thanks. I ended up going with this pattern from AG. John told me they could mimic it.

Comment

Just placed my order for Option 1 in 6.5 PRC. I'm super pumped!

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
          That was me. Thanks. I ended up going with this pattern from AG. John told me they could mimic it.

I messaged thats Texas custom rifles about this gun and the velocities they were seeing with a 20 inch barrel. They are getting 2800+ out of it using factory ammo. That’s pretty good.

Comment

same question

Originally posted by Buzzsaw View Post
            Help on the stock. Is the "molded in color" option mean a swirly pattern from McMillan?
            I had the same question....

Comment

Obviously I’m not from APR, but I do own a few McMillans. The stocks have a thin gel coat over the paint itself. Kind of like a thick clearcoat that is super tough like a fiberglass boat. The pattern doesn’t wear off like a DIY Camo job or even a non-clearcoated durrakote or cerakote. Molded in patterns are way more durable than the factory painted finish.

Comment

Place my order for a 25/06 option 1 24a” barrel.

Ended up following another TBHr’s lead from one of the other builds and going with this color combo.

Kinda falls in line with my other two builds from APR.

Comment

Originally posted by kingkatcher View Post
                  I had the same question....

Isn’t the mcwoody a swirl pattern? Wonder if you can get that?

Comment

Thanks APR! Ordered

Comment

What are the thoughts on a 6.5 prc for elk? Thinking that with a 24” barrel would be a good combo to use for deer without being brutal but also capable of taking an elk out to 400 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by texaspyro21 View Post
                        What are the thoughts on a 6.5 prc for elk? Thinking that with a 24” barrel would be a good combo to use for deer without being brutal but also capable of taking an elk out to 400 yards.

From all the reading I’ve seen, very capable. That’s why I ordered one [emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by texaspyro21 View Post
                          It’s a great choice

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

Ended up following another TBHr’s lead from one of the other builds and going with this color combo.

love the orange

Comment

Well... After number crunching and trying to play “adulting” I think I’m finally throwing the towel in and I’m out

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

Not doing LSU colors?

Comment

Working...
                                X