No announcement yet.

The 2020 Thermal & Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys I just want to say "Thank you"! I've been getting a lot of calls and sales recently from fellow TBH'ers and their buddies and that means a lot. The support for the sponsors and fellow Texans on this forum is awesome.

Jethro, looks like you are putting the scope to good work! Great videos and keep on after those hogs!

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
    I just ordered one from you Saturday morning. Wanted it to locate pigs coming in to set ups and finding down pigs at night. This is my first thermal. Hopefully I will be getting a thermal scope for my big bore airgun soon.
    Thank you VERY much! Let me know how you like it. If you have any problems or questions, feel free to call me.

Comment

HansETX came down and hunted with me a couple weeks ago; it was actually the day that Gov. Abbott made his mask mandate, so we decided to comply the best we could. So far, this is the only mask I've ever put on.

We had a great hunt and ended up killing a couple more hogs than this but we didn't find them until later because they'd ran off so far in the woods. I think there are 7 or 8 in the bucket and we didn't do a good job stacking because the two biggest ones are on the bottom.lol I was glad to get this bermuda grass rooters out of my pasture.
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice pic Jason, now where’s the video?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Cleaned and oiled the 556 last night and it is back to running like a champ.

I need to go back after that big group of hogs again though so I swapped the Thermion back onto the Grendel. Swapped zero profiles and checked zero, and after having been on a different gun for 2 weeks it was within .25 MOA at 200 this morning. As long as you are consistent with how you put the mount on the gun, that American Defense mount does return to zero as advertised.

Both the Thermion and the mount are holding zero very well. Swapping around gun to gun, different temperatures, all that jazz and it is where it is supposed to be every time. And I have been checking it a lot. Total faith in it being on target when I go to shoot.

Comment

First kills with my Thermion XP50. I thought that I had already posted this here, must have forgotten. Scope is from Outdoor Legacy Gear.
            [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcUuz6WnVz8"]Pulsar XP50 First Kills - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Have any of you guys put your hands on a Hogster thermal from Bering Optics? I’m on a few groups and everyone keeps raving about them. Just seeing if anyone here has any experience with them.

Comment

Originally posted by KNP16 View Post
                Have any of you guys put your hands on a Hogster thermal from Bering Optics? I’m on a few groups and everyone keeps raving about them. Just seeing if anyone here has any experience with them.
                I met with Bering at the SHOT Show in January and looked at the scope there. I had some concerns and I wanted to see how things played out as they began getting scopes out in hunter's hands. I don't like to be the very first on a new band wagon because I'm advising my customers how to spend their money and I want to be sure I'm giving them good accurate info and advice. This has saved me a ton of headache and heartache over the years.lol We had some issues dealing with the Bering when we finally decided we wanted to buy the Hogsters to test. It was a pretty odd situation for a couple months but everything appears to be on "go" now and we're ready to roll.

I'm waiting on a shipment to come in and my salesman HansETX and I will be testing them out. We aren't going to tear it up but we aren't going to treat it like an egg either. We'll put them on everything from .308's and down. We'll use it in all kinds of conditions and see how it performs.

From what I've seen hands on with scope, plus what I've heard from trustworthy friends in this industry, it seems it's a good scope for the money and a good value. On the other hand it's not what some of the guys on FB and some of the other forums are claiming. It's getting compared and recommended over scopes with twice the specs and twice the price. I expect my verdict will be that for the money, it's a good value for the lower price range of thermal. I'm excited to test it out soon.

Stay tuned and I'll be reporting back as soon as they can get us our order.

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                  I met with Bering at the SHOT Show in January and looked at the scope there. I had some concerns and I wanted to see how things played out as they began getting scopes out in hunter's hands. I don't like to be the very first on a new band wagon because I'm advising my customers how to spend their money and I want to be sure I'm giving them good accurate info and advice. This has saved me a ton of headache and heartache over the years.lol We had some issues dealing with the Bering when we finally decided we wanted to buy the Hogsters to test. It was a pretty odd situation for a couple months but everything appears to be on "go" now and we're ready to roll.

I'm waiting on a shipment to come in and my salesman HansETX and I will be testing them out. We aren't going to tear it up but we aren't going to treat it like an egg either. We'll put them on everything from .308's and down. We'll use it in all kinds of conditions and see how it performs.

From what I've seen hands on with scope, plus what I've heard from trustworthy friends in this industry, it seems it's a good scope for the money and a good value. On the other hand it's not what some of the guys on FB and some of the other forums are claiming. It's getting compared and recommended over scopes with twice the specs and twice the price. I expect my verdict will be that for the money, it's a good value for the lower price range of thermal. I'm excited to test it out soon.

Stay tuned and I'll be reporting back as soon as they can get us our order.

Jason

Jason thanks for your feedback, looking forward to your review on them. I have pretty much narrowed down my thermal choices from the Pulsar Core and the Hogster 35. But I believe I'll wait till I get some more trusted opinions on the Bering before moving forward.

Comment

Put this poor boar out of his misery last night.. his nuts looked like they were about to explode . Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got this guy tonight.
                      Seated, 50 yds using .308 shooting 150 Grain corelokt.
                      Topped with Pulsar RXQ30V
                      Last edited by Pushbutton2; 07-31-2020, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rossivey View Post
                        Are the Thermion XQ38s coming in yet?
                        Oh yea. They are in stock in many places. In fact I bought 2. One at full price and the other for $300 off current price. The deals are out there. I think its ludacris to have to get in line and wait for paying something high dollar like that. If you do that you will have several more months to wait. Hope things are good. Are you close to lake b d'arc?

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                          Got this guy tonight.
                          Seated, 50 yds using .308 shooting 150 Grain corelokt.
                          Topped with Pulsar be RXQ30V
                          Nice shootin pb2. Are you liking the core or are you wanting to upgrade? I was going to do the core route but got tired of waiting and went the thermion xq38. Haven't hunted with it yet but played with it some and looks like a winner

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                            Nice shootin pb2. Are you liking the core or are you wanting to upgrade? I was going to do the core route but got tired of waiting and went the thermion xq38. Haven't hunted with it yet but played with it some and looks like a winner
                            I like it for what it is.
                            I bought it used.
                            I'd like to have the ability to record.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                              I like it for what it is.
                              I bought it used.
                              I'd like to have the ability to record.
                              Good deal. Keep the target critters coming and enjoy. I think you were shooting a wraith before? Nice step up. I hear lots of good stuff about the core unit.

Comment

Monday night---strange critter--big in the front end and small in the back end. Ruger AR w/XP50

Comment

Working...
                                X