No announcement yet.

The 2020 Thermal & Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty much yes. We set the bolt off the target though with a couple of nuts and washers that set the bolt head away about an inch. This makes it easy to heat up just the head for much more pronounced edges. Works really well, and kind of mad we didn’t think of it sooner. We’ve been beating that plate up for 5-6 years, and have been using it as a thermal sighted for 2 years now.

Comment

****it I’m kinda mad. I had to turn down hunting last night to be responsible, and a couple of my buddies had an epic night!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ED0D6DDC-106A-42E1-89BE-C3F31E56682A.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	24620729

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
        ****it I’m kinda mad. I had to turn down hunting last night to be responsible, and a couple of my buddies had an epic night!

[ATTACH]1006969[/ATTACH]
        WOW!!
        Epic is right!
        My best night to date is 2 pigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
          WOW!!
          Epic is right!
          My best night to date is 2 pigs.
          Most nights we turn out 20-25 hogs. Our best to date was 41-42 a couple weeks back. They got 52 last night.

Comment

My Sightmark Wraith arrived today. I have owned the Sightmark XT, Sightmark RT, and now a Wraith so I feel like I probably have a good perspective on each. As it isn't night yet, I've only played with daytime mode, but that is a HUGE improvement over the XT and RT. Both could be used during the day but it was far from even a budget level scope. The daytime on the Wraith is far clearer (and in color vs. black and white). I have no trouble seeing out to 200 with a crystal clear image that, once focused, would provide plenty of daytime hunting clarity. There is what I believe is called "tearing" where when panning from side to side, vertical images bend. I know people complain about tearing (there was very little on an RT) but who is panning when they shoot? Once on target it is a non-issue and you have to be panning fairly quickly back and forth to see the effect. To me it is pointless to complain about this issue.

I'll come back after I've played around a bit tonight to see the clarity of night vision side of things. I'll rarely shoot beyond 100 yards as the deer and hogs will come in quite a bit closer than that and I want to try my .300 BO with 260 grain atomics in subsonic with a supressor so that's where the scope will get its first tryout... I'm zeroed to 75 with the .300...

So far, I'm impressed even though I'm going to miss the live streaming app side of things immensely.

Comment

Sierra Game Kinged

I've typically stayed away from Sierra bullets for hogs only because they've had a history of rapid expansion which I do not prefer on hogs. Since someone shipped me an entire box I decided to give these a run.
              Even though this was a small sow it passed right through her and melted her in the dirt. Gonna give the 140's a run soon.
              Giving away 30 rounds of this for you reloaders.

Click here for video.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Archery View Post
                I've typically stayed away from Sierra bullets for hogs only because they've had a history of rapid expansion which I do not prefer on hogs. Since someone shipped me an entire box I decided to give these a run.
                Even though this was a small sow it passed right through her and melted her in the dirt. Gonna give the 140's a run soon.

Click here for video.

NICE!!
                Just got my first Thermal. Need to get it sighted in

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Archery View Post

Click here for video.

I let my buddy run my rifle last night, and he put a 77 gr SMK through a sows shoulder clean through and through at roughly 75 yds. Dropped her on the spot. She was roughly 175-180. We got a couple more including a 280 lb boar that tried to take out my buddies legs. He nailed my buddy’s tripod instead lol

Name:	8C3D4487-A177-46A5-A8C6-6943F795AFB9.jpg
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	24620812

Name:	750C4170-74E7-47D4-984E-017DC6244C3C.jpg
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	24620813

Comment

A little video of a buddy educating a dog...... again. The language is not kid friendly in the least.

Comment

Just posted my XP50 LRF for sale in the classifieds.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                        Just posted my XP50 LRF for sale in the classifieds.
                        And someone needs to go buy it. It's a deal on a super clean scope.

Comment

Anyone know when the Trail 2 will be released?

Shop OpticsPlanet Exclusive Pulsar Trail 2 LRF XP50 Thermal Rifle Scope | Highly Rated on 3 Reviews for OpticsPlanet Exclusive Pulsar Trail 2 LRF XP50 Thermal Rifle Scope + Free Shipping...

Here is says will ship in 5-7 weeks but anyone know any facts?

Comment

For anyone looking for an affordable and basic thermal handheld to use with your digital NV scope, or for deer hunting, finding dead animals etc., the AGM Asp Micro TM160 for $499 is a great option. Check out our full review below. Hans will have a review with footage from the field soon.

Description The Asp-Micro TM160 is a tiny handheld thermal monocular that is equipped with a 160×120 thermal sensor and a 720×540 LCOS display. This palm sized monocular is by far the best thermal optic we've ever seen in this price range. While it doesn't replace the more expensive, higher resolution monoculars, it do

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtR2QOIjV2c&t"]Ep. 111 | AGM Asp-Micro TM160 *REVIEW* - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Well sending my XP50LRF off to Pulsar tomorrow. Guess we’ll find out how good their service is.

Comment

TX03RUBI, What issue is it getting sent in for?

Comment

Working...
                                X