No announcement yet.

The 2020 Thermal & Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a great night last. Ended up with either 41 or 42 confirmed kills, and most likely a handful or two that died out of sight. We got 24 on this one field alone over an hour out of two sounders. This is from the first sounder.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5FBC7B45-C544-481C-8019-AB8900E9CDA8.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	24620110

Last edited by TX03RUBI; 05-30-2020, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Couple more videos from Friday night.

Comment

Excellent job.

Comment

Here is our latest episode of The Late Night Vision Show from this week. We discuss the questions "Why are thermal optics so expensive?" and "Will they ever come down in price?"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGt-KbC6iKM"]Ep. 109 | "Why Do Thermal Optics Cost So Much?!" - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

So I’ve joined the darkside and acquired a ATN 4KPro. I know it’s not a Flir but it’ll suffice my needs as I only rifle hunt 2 or 3 times a year. Furthermore, all my stands are under 100yds.

Comment

A buddy made some mods to our zeroing target. Someone had already punched a hole through the center with a tight group from a 264 WM, so just filling the hole with a 1/2 grade 8 bolt and heating the bolt head makes for a perfect zeroing target. Don’t mind the target to the right

Click image for larger version

Name:	5AF409E2-5BC1-4D89-BBB3-51AB138466A6.jpeg
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	24620453

Comment

Finished the night with 27-28. Got this good boar all the way across a wheat field with a well placed shot. Was running a PVS 22 in front of my ATACR 4-16 on my 6 Creed last night. Made stretching out for longer shots a bit easier.Click image for larger version

Name:	4BAB11EF-E926-4AF6-ACEC-6BE93D67E972.jpg
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	24620498Click image for larger version

Name:	C745ACD8-82EA-48B1-8F2A-AAD89FA484D8.jpg
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	24620499Click image for larger version

Name:	1AF238AB-22FF-4E07-8DC6-BD086AC9B30F.jpg
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	24620500

Comment

Punched this one in the face at over 4000 FPS

Click here for video.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Archery View Post
                    Punched this one in the face at over 4000 FPS

Click here for video.

Nice. Enjoyed your video

pray for rain

Comment

I've got an ATN Thor 4 640 and I've been more than pleased with it!! So much fun in the moonlight hours!

Comment

I got a tracking number for my wraith... I used a gift card I had and my military discount and got it ridiculously cheap. It'll be here 6/12 but I probably won't have a chance to try it for some time to come.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                          A buddy made some mods to our zeroing target. Someone had already punched a hole through the center with a tight group from a 264 WM, so just filling the hole with a 1/2 grade 8 bolt and heating the bolt head makes for a perfect zeroing target. Don’t mind the target to the right

[ATTACH]1006373[/ATTACH]
                          Why do you have a penis target?

pray for rain

Comment

Originally posted by bowtecmike View Post
                            Why do you have a penis target?

pray for rain
                            Why do you not?

Comment

To be honest we do all sorts of dumb stunts. Plenty of them include penises. It’s a spring loaded “penis popper”.. Fortunately for us we know enough people and can trade enough favors our dumb ideas usually don’t cost us much more than some time.

Comment

I do like the heated bolt idea. Guess you could just hold the torch to any spit for a few seconds and it would glow to a thermal?

pray for rain

Comment

Working...
                                X