No announcement yet.

The 2020 Thermal & Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, I plan on getting a light from him.

Comment

Thermal and the 7.62x39 cost this big boy his life the other night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

wow. Nice hog.

Comment

I think HansETX calls this "Making bacon pancakes." Two biggest ones had heart girth measurements of 47 1/2" and 40". According to the chart that puts them at 275 and 200, respectively. Didn't get them all, but this should help slow down the crop damage. I'm sure I will have to go back several more nights.

Those links look the same, but are actually 2 different pictures.

Comment

Light’em up Jethro!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I had a second shooter with me too. He got good video, but I am technologically challenged and don't know how to post it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                I think HansETX calls this "Making bacon pancakes." Two biggest ones had heart girth measurements of 47 1/2" and 40". According to the chart that puts them at 275 and 200, respectively. Didn't get them all, but this should help slow down the crop damage. I'm sure I will have to go back several more nights.

Those links look the same, but are actually 2 different pictures.
                What kind of tape is this?

I use a fabric sewing tape to measure mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                  What kind of tape is this?

I use a fabric sewing tape to measure mine.
                  It is some kind of deer measuring tape I picked up somewhere over the years. I carry it because it stays rolled up in a little orange case that keeps it compact yet easy to find. Also with the plastic coating blood cleans off easy. It doesn't seem to stretch either. You can see how tight we had that tape pulled on her. Maybe too tight. Maybe true measurement was closer to 48" or 48 1/2"

Comment

Search most Ag supply websites they carry several tapes like that for measuring livestock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Stalked out in the storms/rain Friday night. Got into a bad tail chase scenario on the remnants of the sounder from the other night. They were feeding away from us pretty fast as we were stalking. We ended up chasing them all the way across the circle before we caught them. By that point it was spitting rain and optic performance was going down. We got 3 of the 5 killed though, one of the ones that got away was a little football. Long walk back to the truck as the rain started getting worse. Round trip from leaving the truck back to the truck again was about a mile and a half, most of it in freshly planted sand. Wet boots picking up soft sand, uneven rows for footing, I was one hurting puppy the next day.

Comment

Headed north tonight to put the smack down on some swine. We hunted maybe 45 minutes before getting rained out. Didn’t see a single hog, but we saw a lot of pasture poodles. After about the 12-13th dog I decided we were going to drop a dog instead. We got out and made a stand. Had 3 dogs coming in immediately, but they were in and out of brush and we lost sight of them. About 2 minutes later a dog pops up to my right about 70 yds away. He spotted us, but it was too late. Dropped him in his tracks, and watched another dog take flight in the background. 2 minutes later it started absolutely pouring, and we called it a night.

Comment

It started pouring on us the other night just as we were getting back to the truck. We had another field getting damage that we needed to go hit and kill some pigs on but we had to call it off. Luckily we were just about 25 miles from the house though.

Comment

First time I’ve had a bullet sheer off hog shoulder.

Comment

Figuring out my new Thermion XP50
                              [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD6QoFb4i2k"]YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Archery View Post
                                First time I’ve had a bullet sheer off hog shoulder.

Holy crap

Comment

Working...
                                X