No announcement yet.

The 2020 Thermal & Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the info. That will help with decisions. Mine is US made. I hope folks will start paying attention and realize the ramifications of buying from China.

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
      I'm afraid they gave you incorrect info. I know they told you that but unless there has been a huge new development in the last couple days, there is definitely no streaming app integrated into the Wraith 4k. I will confirm the streaming still isn't in the 4K this week but I held the prototype in my hands on multiple occasions and it definitely didn't have streaming. I've also been in close contact with Sightmark about the 4K development and from the beginning they always said it would not have streaming. I'll check and see if that has been changed....I sure won't mind having egg on my face if I'm wrong.

Jason
      Let's hope that egg comes true, lol. I wouldn't necessarily say I'm lazy, but putting my rifle in the window with a shroud to cover the rest of window to protect from mosquitoes and watching what the scope sees while reading a book is quite a relaxing evening, lol. FWIW anyone who hasn't used the app on a photon when hunting, it even has an adjustable motion sensing system and will buzz your phone if something moves in the FOV so if you, um, doze off, and you're still in the game. It's fantastic for hunting hogs given their unpredictable timing...

Comment

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
        Let's hope that egg comes true, lol. I wouldn't necessarily say I'm lazy, but putting my rifle in the window with a shroud to cover the rest of window to protect from mosquitoes and watching what the scope sees while reading a book is quite a relaxing evening, lol. FWIW anyone who hasn't used the app on a photon when hunting, it even has an adjustable motion sensing system and will buzz your phone if something moves in the FOV so if you, um, doze off, and you're still in the game. It's fantastic for hunting hogs given their unpredictable timing...

I wish Stream Vision was stable enough to do this. Mine drops frequently and has issues connecting. I’ve reinstalled the app multiple times.

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
          I wish Stream Vision was stable enough to do this. Mine drops frequently and has issues connecting. I’ve reinstalled the app multiple times.
          Yep. I’ve never been able to rely on streamvision that well with either my XP38 or XP50.

Comment

Good news and I can eat half a crow! I confirmed they recently added streaming capability to the feature list but it will not be the StreamVision app. It will be something totally different, so we don't know what all features it will have in it.

I confirmed the current plan is definitely to produce and ship these in 2020, so I'm hopeful that all goes well and we see them this fall. We're still taking pre-orders for them and we've got a lot of guys still getting on the waiting list. $100 Pre-Order for Sightmark Wraith 4K

- Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
              Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
              Yep. I’ve never been able to rely on streamvision that well with either my XP38 or XP50.
              Man, that sucks. Mine was flawless. Both the motion sensor and the broacast of the video. Maybe a firmware version? I would definitely try to get the kinks worked out.

My best night out with stream vision -- I was hoping a very large boar would show up on camera as he had been off and on for several nights. He would show up solo as everyone was afraid of him then leave and others would then come in and eat corn. I was reading a book laying on an air mattress and my phone buzzed so I stepped into the "driver's seat" and put a round in his earhole and DRT. I was going to get up and deal with the carcass, but I figured I'd do it in the morning with the front end loader. I went to sleep and my phone vibrating woke me up about 45 minutes later and it as an even bigger boar, lol. I watched him go over and sniff his dead buddy and then proceed to eat corn. I put one in his earhole, too. This is one time the stream vision app was invaluable...

Comment

Good news and I can eat half a crow! I confirmed they recently added streaming capability to the feature list but it will not be the StreamVision app. It will be something totally different, so we don't know what all features it will have in it.

I confirmed the current plan is definitely to produce and ship these in 2020, so I'm hopeful that all goes well and we see them this fall. We're still taking pre-orders for them and we've got a lot of guys still getting on the waiting list. $100 Pre-Order for Sightmark Wraith 4K

- Jason
                Thanks for checking. In my defense, I didn't ask specifically for streamvision when I contacted them. Just wifi streaming.

Comment

Man, that sucks. Mine was flawless. Both the motion sensor and the broacast of the video. Maybe a firmware version? I would definitely try to get the kinks worked out.

My best night out with stream vision -- I was hoping a very large boar would show up on camera as he had been off and on for several nights. He would show up solo as everyone was afraid of him then leave and others would then come in and eat corn. I was reading a book laying on an air mattress and my phone buzzed so I stepped into the "driver's seat" and put a round in his earhole and DRT. I was going to get up and deal with the carcass, but I figured I'd do it in the morning with the front end loader. I went to sleep and my phone vibrating woke me up about 45 minutes later and it as an even bigger boar, lol. I watched him go over and sniff his dead buddy and then proceed to eat corn. I put one in his earhole, too. This is one time the stream vision app was invaluable...
                  That’s awesome!

Comment

The Sightmark Photons and all Pulsars are made in Belarus, Lithuania and Scotland. Pulsar is a European optic company that sells in the US, they are not a US company.
                    Thanks, Jason. Have you heard anything about the Thermion XQ38s? Are they still on track for this summer?

Comment

I have a raw video from an XP38 Trail of two coyotes roaming around my neighborhood on my computer. I just plugged the Pulsar in to my computer and dragged and dropped it onto my desktop. How would I post that video here? I am trying to figure this stuff out.

Comment

There is very little NV or thermal made in China. ATN makes all their scopes in China. The Sightmark Wraith is made in China. The AGM monoculars are made in China.

The Sightmark Photons and all Pulsars are made in Belarus, Lithuania and Scotland. Pulsar is a European optic company that sells in the US, they are not a US company.

N-Vision - US made.

Trijicon - US made

AGM scopes - the Ukraine (I believe this is right, but it's definitely not China)

FLIR - US made but no longer selling thermal scopes to hunters

Many other small brands of NV and some thermal, almost none of it is made in China.

I understand your point but the way the US government looks at it, they don't care where it's made, they can't control that and it would be crazy to not allow it to be imported here. But once it's on our soil they then have jurisdiction over what we can do with it. And yes your point is very valid that it could go out the backdoor of the factory in China or any other country but the truth is, Russia and Eastern Europe have the strong hold on NV and thermal technology. We don't know jack squat about it compared to them.

Jason
                        According to an ATN rep, some of their low end night scopes are made in China but all thermals and high end(gen 3 and up) are 100% made in USA.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                          I have a raw video from an XP38 Trail of two coyotes roaming around my neighborhood on my computer. I just plugged the Pulsar in to my computer and dragged and dropped it onto my desktop. How would I post that video here? I am trying to figure this stuff out.
                          Easiest way I’ve found is create a YouTube account and post it there. Then past the YouTube link here

Comment

Ok, Thanks!

Comment

Anybody have any feedback on the Pulsar Rxq30v?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

When I checked on them a year or two ago, the big downfall for me was that the image was a fixed focus. With NV and Thermal you really need to be able to adjust the focus on them for best clarity. I described what I wanted in a thermal to several people, which was mainly hunting and ID'ing coyotes at 200-250 yards. They all told me for that set of criteria I would be disappointed in the RXQ30V. They all advised me to keep saving my money, that it would take getting into that $3200-$3500 range to really do what I wanted and be satisfied with it. Now, if they game is hogs at 150 and in, then the RXQ30V becomes a viable option.

This is just what I have heard. I have no direct experience with them. I do know a guy who owns one and kills a lot of coyotes with it. He wished he would have saved more for the next up model.

I ended up keeping on saving money. I have an XQ50 LRF on order now. I did a pretty serious night of coyote calling with an XQ38 last week, and it was (to me) a very capable optic. We saw lots of coyotes (about 15 or so) at all different ranges. Doing that really helped me decide what I wanted.

Comment

Working...
                                X