The 2020 Thermal & Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
    Shot a hog this weekend with my Flir 536. i thought the video came out pretty good.
    That is awesome! I think that's the longest "sit down and freeze" pose I've ever seen! Normally they fall on over but he was just locked up. Nice shooting!

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
      That is awesome! I think that's the longest "sit down and freeze" pose I've ever seen! Normally they fall on over but he was just locked up. Nice shooting!
      Thanks man. It just sat down and I figured I would go ahead and throw another bullet at him just to make sure. I was shooting my Ruger 204 so I wanted to make sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
        Shot a hog this weekend with my Flir 536. i thought the video came out pretty good.

Flir PTS 536 Hog Hunt - YouTube

Awesome video. About what range was that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by bowtecmike View Post
          Awesome video. About what range was that?

I believe it was a out 50 yards. I need to range it the next time I am at my lease.

Comment

This one if filmed through my Axion XM30. The guy using it was not familiar with the monocular so it was not in focus and had not been NUC'd in quite some time so the image is a little blurry and there are vertical lines in it that are not typical.

Shot ended up being a miss but I still thought it was pretty neat seeing the dust cloud hit right above him. Got unlucky and he sat right down looking straight at us making an already small target smaller.

Comment

I saw a recent shot show stating the Wraith 4K is not going to ship until "late" 2020. Does anyone know yet when "late" is, at least ballpark?

Also - the Wraith HD doesn't support wifi streaming like the RT and XT scopes. I really love the feature because I can set my rifle up and stream to my tablet or phone and still see what the scope sees if I want to stretch or step away from the scope for a moment. That and others can watch the show, lol. Will the 4K bring back this feature?

Comment

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
                I saw a recent shot show stating the Wraith 4K is not going to ship until "late" 2020. Does anyone know yet when "late" is, at least ballpark?

Also - the Wraith HD doesn't support wifi streaming like the RT and XT scopes. I really love the feature because I can set my rifle up and stream to my tablet or phone and still see what the scope sees if I want to stretch or step away from the scope for a moment. That and others can watch the show, lol. Will the 4K bring back this feature?
                This week Sightmark officially told us that the Wraith 4K will not ship before this fall. It was set to have already shipped but the coronavirus in China shut that down. Then the virus moved here, now it's flaring back up in China, half our country is stuck at home, most Sightmark employees are working remotely from home....it's just not the logical time for them to be trying to manufacture and release a new scope.

Anyone can guess when it might go into production this fall or even if something could happen and it get delayed. Considering the current situation, crazier things are happening. I'm beginning to advise my Wraith 4K pre-order customers of this situation and letting them chose to continue to wait, move their deposit to another optic or take a refund. So far everyone has chosen to sit tight and see what happens this fall.

Jason

Comment

I capitalized on a rare opportunity to get a Digex at a smoking deal. I had been waiting for a 4K since last year. Due to the China tariffs and now this situation that Outdoor Legacy is referring to I knew the 4K was a pipe dream...

Comment

Just listened to Episode 102 of the Late Night Vision Show, pretty interesting topic. I’m tearing up country worse then a sounder of hogs at the moment but till I can sit in front of a computer what’s y’alls thoughts on the hog population?

Comment

I got a response back from Sellmark (Sightmark) on the Wraith 4K. While they wouldn't confirm 4Q this year, they did confirm the 4K will have the wifi streamvision feature that the photons have. It just means I have to wait til the end of the year...

Comment

I like the pulsar trails can't beat the battery life.

Comment

Is it just me, or does anyone else see a conflict with night vision and thermal equipment being made in China? The equipment cannot be exported when we buy it here, but we trust China to build it?

Comment

Originally posted by El Paisano View Post
                            Is it just me, or does anyone else see a conflict with night vision and thermal equipment being made in China? The equipment cannot be exported when we buy it here, but we trust China to build it?
                            Not all of them are built in China but some definitely are. Also it is my understanding that some of the thermal cores are built there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
                              I got a response back from Sellmark (Sightmark) on the Wraith 4K. While they wouldn't confirm 4Q this year, they did confirm the 4K will have the wifi streamvision feature that the photons have. It just means I have to wait til the end of the year...
                              I'm afraid they gave you incorrect info. I know they told you that but unless there has been a huge new development in the last couple days, there is definitely no streaming app integrated into the Wraith 4k. I will confirm the streaming still isn't in the 4K this week but I held the prototype in my hands on multiple occasions and it definitely didn't have streaming. I've also been in close contact with Sightmark about the 4K development and from the beginning they always said it would not have streaming. I'll check and see if that has been changed....I sure won't mind having egg on my face if I'm wrong.

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by El Paisano View Post
                                There is very little NV or thermal made in China. ATN makes all their scopes in China. The Sightmark Wraith is made in China. The AGM monoculars are made in China.

The Sightmark Photons and all Pulsars are made in Belarus, Lithuania and Scotland. Pulsar is a European optic company that sells in the US, they are not a US company.

N-Vision - US made.

Trijicon - US made

AGM scopes - the Ukraine (I believe this is right, but it's definitely not China)

FLIR - US made but no longer selling thermal scopes to hunters

Many other small brands of NV and some thermal, almost none of it is made in China.

I understand your point but the way the US government looks at it, they don't care where it's made, they can't control that and it would be crazy to not allow it to be imported here. But once it's on our soil they then have jurisdiction over what we can do with it. And yes your point is very valid that it could go out the backdoor of the factory in China or any other country but the truth is, Russia and Eastern Europe have the strong hold on NV and thermal technology. We don't know jack squat about it compared to them.

Jason

Comment

Working...
                                X