Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Conflicted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leave it as is.

Comment

leave it as it is,,, because it becomes an heirloom...

leave it alone, it was a gift from him to your son,,,

leave it alone , i would be ticked of royally if i give one of my grand kids a gun and their dad screws it up from what it was to what he wants it to be,,,

you are talking about making changes to something that is not yours to mess with and it might not even handle the lighter weight bullets your suggesting because of the rifling twist,

if you want your son to have a varmint gun, go get him one, set it up how you want him to have it , but do not screw up a gift from his grand dad

i speak this as a dad and grand dad,,, my dad gave a shotgun to my son several years ago, he has not even shot it, i wanted that gun ( Ithaca model 37 in 16 ga) i grew up shooting it, but it belongs to my son and i will not mess with it in any way.. my dad died from alzheimers and that was one of the last things he did with a clear mind,,,

my father in law gave my son a remington pump .308, a rifle i had bought for him,,, when he gave it to my son he asked if i would mind not getting the gun back as he wanted to give it to my son,,, ( father and law and son are both left hnaded so it was a good choice ) it now belongs to my son and he has not shot it to my knowledge but it is his gun now, not mine, i will not change it because it is now an heirloom just as my dads shotgun is,,,

someday i hope to pass some of my guns on to my grand kids , but for now they are all too young
      Last edited by xman59; 12-19-2019, 10:48 AM.

Comment

I say leave it alone......

Comment

Leave it be.

Comment

Leave it be

Comment

Flip the scenario and see how upset you'd be. "Dad I took the gun popo gave you and cut and threaded the barrel, cut a couple inches off the stock, then painted it. Looks cool now"

Comment

Working...
              X