257 wby mag ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
    Personally, I want the bullet to dump all its energy inside the animal and bullet be suck in the opposing side. Side note, never had an animal take a step using a 257 weatherby.

I want two holes in them, the bigger the better for the RARE occasion they actually run after being shot with the 257 Wby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I vote for the 110 Accubond as well. Most of the time I got an exit on deer and hogs but a few times I didn't. The ones that didn't exit resulted in a DRT, however. If you want a guaranteed exit you'll probably have to go with a Barnes or similar.

Comment

I was shooting the 120gr partions out of mine. That was devastating on whitetail and hogs. Always got an exit and never had one run over 30 yards with a blood tail a blind person could follow

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have 22 rounds of 120 grain partitions I’d let go for cheap if anyone is interested. Had a 257 I sold that didn’t like 120 pills.

Comment

Originally posted by DXTApache View Post
            I have 22 rounds of 120 grain partitions I’d let go for cheap if anyone is interested. Had a 257 I sold that didn’t like 120 pills.

PM sent

Comment

Also a good way to blow a leg off a deer, haha!
              ?? Can you expand on that?

Comment

[

QUOTE=chase15;14571654]My brother and i both shoot the 100 grain spitzers. Weatherby isnt offering them anymore but they can still be found on other ammo sites. We have had a lot of success and always had pass throughs with them on whitetails up to 240lb south tx deer.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Why certainly, you place a 100 grain bullet going 3600 FPS in the wrong place “the leg shot”, and you have a good chance of a leg falling off.

Originally posted by chase15 View Post
                  ?? Can you expand on that?

Comment

115 nosler ballistic tip with my .257 weatherby, distance was 140 yds
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by duckhunter175 View Post
                      The 110gr Accubond is the bread and butter for the .257wby-- I would also consider stepping up to the 115gr VLD- they can still be found and running up at 3350fps and sub 1/2 moa at 300 yards is bad medicine for WT.

I decided to eek out the max performance possible from my Roy and APR gave it a full makeover with a fast twist (7.5) Proof Barrel. I will be running the new 131gr Blackjacks, which most guys have found they can still reach 3400fps with. This beats the drop, wind drift and velocity of the 7mm 180 ELDM out to 1000+ yards.

So- if anyone decides to fast twist their Roy... the reamer (1 use) is on my desk!

Mine is next in line homie. Sending my rifle this weekend. Barrel should be there or almost.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                        115 nosler ballistic tip with my .257 weatherby, distance was 140 yds

That is outstanding.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Why certainly, you place a 100 grain bullet going 3600 FPS in the wrong place “the leg shot”, and you have a good chance of a leg falling off.

Lol ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by peterp63 View Post
                            PM sent
                            Returned

Comment

I shoot Weatherby 115 grain ballistic tips mainly because at the time I was trying to find shells, these were the only ones I could find besides 90 grain.
                              The two deer I shot this year had entry and exit holes the same diameter as the bullet. Both were DRT. When I skinned both deer I was amazed at the internal damage. Also shot a 175# boar at 200 yards just in front of his shoulder. Also DRT and did not kick once.

Comment

I have shot the 115 grain ballistic tips for 20 years because they are the most consistent round for my gun. I was able to weigh a bullet that was lodged in a whitetail shoulder that retained less than 50% weight. The only animal that has taken more than one round was one mule deer. Every bobcat, coyote, whitetail, pig or aoudad has either been DRT or down within 15 yards. I've never cleaned an animal that didn't have at least one lung turned to jelly. With that said I would probably load another projectile if I were to use it for elk but that's why I have bigger calibers in the safe.

Comment

Working...
                                X