The 2020 TBH/APR Special Planning Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duckhunter175 View Post
    I think this is the ticket- figure out the right action to get the right price and GAME ON!!!
    Oh man, that would be awesome. +1 for a carbon barrel as the upgrade option like last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
      For those of you interested in a light weight steel rig, here's one Robert built for me recently. Likely about the best price point for a light weight hunter and accommodating lefties.

A short action rig with a 20-22 tube and no brake would shave considerable weight.

It has an AG stock in the APR design with an APR contoured Muller barrel on a defiance tenacity. The empty rifle is just under 7 and the barrel finished at .700 at the muzzle.

[ATTACH]982978[/ATTACH][ATTACH]982979[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
      That works for me. Maybe offer CF barrel and mcwoody stock as options?

Comment

I think this is the ticket- figure out the right action to get the right price and GAME ON!!!
        Love that stock.

Comment

Agreed love the McWoody stock. In for this light weight hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
            Close the thread and take my money! That is exactly what I want!
            Hahaha Yep. This x2.

Comment

Seems like the woodish stock is getting traction.

Any chance for a barreled action option or maybe a AG comp Adjustable hunter/Adjustable Chalk Branch?

Fun watching different ideas gain momentum as this thread progresses!

Comment

I’m down like 4 flat tires!

Comment

Good looking rifle, but at 8 lbs, a bit more weight than I was looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                    I hope that if that's the way this rifle build goes, that Robert gives us an option to cut weight back down (lightweight stock option, CF or light contour barrel)

Comment

The 2020 TBH/APR Special Planning Thread

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post

Serious question - what are you doing/planning on doing that 2-4 pounds at most makes so much of a difference that would prevent you from buying? I have no affiliation with APR just asking for my own personal satisfaction

Sierracharlie out…
                      Last edited by sierracharlie338; 12-07-2019, 07:55 PM.

Comment

I was sad I missed last year. And would definitely be in for one like it this year

Comment

I’d probably be out if it went that route.

I’ve got too many classic type rifles that juts sit in the safe the last few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nothing in particular, I've already got 2 APRs in that weight range, a .264 Win Mag and a .25-06 Ackley Improved. Of course, being 73 years old, having a prosthetic leg, doing most of my hunting from a tree stand, or spot and stalking makes me appreciate a lighter rifle.
                            Last edited by Phillip Fields; 12-07-2019, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rippit View Post
                              I was sad I missed last year. And would definitely be in for one like it this year
                              Looks like you joined last year just to try to get in on the deal and now this is your first post since joining last year? To get in on this deal?

Welcome to the site hopefully you will stick around and contribute Some. It’s a really great group of people.

Comment

Originally posted by Rippit View Post
                                I won’t be in on this years build but when is the cut off for these fellers?

Comment

Working...
                                X