Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sendit View Post
    SL1

Inertia and light loads do not work. I have converted several O/U inertia triggers to mechanical ones for that reason. I want the gun to fire the second barrel after the first trigger pull. Used to be a shotgun instructor and used some 1oz. loads that were 1000fps and a little under for small frame/youth shooters.
    Originally posted by Saltyag15 View Post
    I don't 100% agree with this, unless our definition of light loads is different. I have a Benelli SBE3, which is chambered for 3 1/2", and is intertia operated. I haven't had a single cycling issue with dove loads, which are 2 3/4" and 1 1/8 ozs. I agree that it isn't ideal, but they definitely work.
    We talking two different things here? Inertia operation (which is basically blowback operation) vs inertia trigger. I'm pretty sure inertia triggers are only used in over/unders (semi autos all have a bolt that cocks the hammer), and OP is talking about a semi-auto with inertia operation.

Comment

I have owned a couple of them. They are a decent turkish gun. Not great but not bad.

I would however, get a Remington V3 on sale for $600 if I could live with a 3" chamber. Or a Versamax Sportsman if I needed a 3.5". I am not a fanboy for Remington, but I have owned both of the above and they are soft shooting, reliable guns. I also like the Browning Silver Hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeater View Post
        I bought a Weatherby SA-08 Upland (made in Turkey) semi off the green screen several years ago and love it. Been a pheasant killin' machine! It has the gas collars that you change for heavy or light loads so I can see it not cycling right if you mess that up. It's a smooth shooter and lightweight so it's a great walking gun. Zero issues with mine. Like any of the gasser's tho, try to keep it clean and don't use the cheapy boolits! The element resembles one of the B guns...prolly a good gun for much less coin. Gotta burn some rounds in those inertia guns to break em in tho! I think there was a Weatherby in the Cabassa's Pro Shop add I just got...? Happy Huntin'!
        I have one in 12 Ga black. Love it but only forgot to change out the collar once and it had issues. Clearly operator error. The gun is incredibly light. No issues or complaints at all. I did add a green sight for low light duck hunting.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

My M2 Benelli cycles the 7/8 oz loads ok. They don't go very far on the eject though. Just kind of fall out of the ejection port. They were not reliable in a buddy's SBE, some times a hull would not clear the ejection port. But the gun did well with 1 1/8 oz dove loads.
          The 7/8 oz loads were in a lot of 15 flats I bought for $10 each a bunch of yrs ago. Mixed 12 and 20 ga. Still got the 7/8's, and a flat of Remington 1 1/4 oz 6 shot. Pre steel shot, that was a load I killed a lot of ducks with.

Comment

Working...
          X