Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

25-06 opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great round for Texas animals, it was able to DRT 2 pigs and 1 buck the first year I used it
    I have a Tikka and may let it go b/c need room in my safe

Comment

I bought the wife one when we first got married 23 years ago. Ruger M77 she has shot A Lot of white tail with it. I tried to get her to shoot some of my other guns but I can’t get her to. It’s one of the most accurate shooting gun I own. I worked up a load for it when I first bought it and have been using the same load every since. The one thing I love about that caliber is you can load it up for deer or load it down for a bad a** varmint round.
      Attached Files

Comment

I own 5 of them.

Comment

Far and away my favorite round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

After wanting one for many years, I finally picked up a heavy barreled Ruger 1 in 25.06 earlier this year. First range day and it was punching 3/4“ three shot groups with a meopta meopro scope.

Comment

Wow! Everything sound real positive. Thanks guys!

Comment

It’s what I keep in my truck during deer season. Marlin x-7 25-06. Not an expensive gun & an excellent shooter.

I’m shooting 115gr Nosler Partitions in it now with very good results.

Comment

Fantastic round.

Comment

I picked up a 25/06 here earlier this year have owned several over the years that just didn’t impress me accuracy wise. This one is definitely a keeper. Ruger 77 MK2 put a Timney trigger in it down to about 2.5lbs every load I have tried factory and hand load run under an inch (seems strange to me because the barrel rides hard on the barrel full length of the stock). Took it to Missouri last week shot a pretty nice 10 at 120 yards DRT didn’t weight him but that sucker was heavy.

Comment

Have one in a Sendero and won’t ever part ways with it. One of my favorite guns for whitetail, axis, and pigs.

Comment

I also have a Sendero. It's a tack driving SOB!

Comment

I have one in Sendero also. I would never sell it.

25-06 is a great deer caliber

Comment

I have a built Savage 25-06 Ackley that shoots the 131 Black Jack Ace's @3180 FPS pretty well. It has been a killing machine for my 12 year old. He stole it from me. This is our first season with it but so far, 3 does, 4 pigs, and an Elk. farthest shot was a pig at 325 and the little man nailed it. I like it so much I am about to build 2 more. 1 for me and 1 for my other son!

Comment

I have one that become my go to. Killed many deer with it. It is also hell on coyotes. You can reach out and get some coyotes that won't come in to call.

Comment

I have a Sako, shooting 117gr superformance.
                                Want to put a little better scope on it (older VX-II), besides that I Love it.

Comment

Working...
                                X