Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

143 eldx 6.5 not pleased

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deep n the heat View Post

Here is the latest one shot with it. Good sized hill country deer. Shot slightly quartering to through the shoulder found the bullet under the skin about where a liver shot would be. 70yd shot. Again zero blood trail. 50 yd run. As you can see the bullet folds over itself without a lot of diameter expansion. That is why they leave the same entrance and exit hole. I have a couple of boxes for sale for all of you that love them.
    Bullets or ammo?

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
      Bullets or ammo?
      Ammo

Comment

Ammo
        Oh ok. I use them in my saum

Comment

Here is the latest one shot with it. Good sized hill country deer. Shot slightly quartering to through the shoulder found the bullet under the skin about where a liver shot would be. 70yd shot. Again zero blood trail. 50 yd run. As you can see the bullet folds over itself without a lot of diameter expansion. That is why they leave the same entrance and exit hole. I have a couple of boxes for sale for all of you that love them.
          Once again dead inside 50 yards. That’s what that bullet does at shorter distances. But the vitals were trashed correct? Not trying to sound like a smart***
          Last edited by BULL21; 11-17-2019, 04:16 PM. Reason: .

Comment

143 eldx 6.5 not pleased

Tried to read through this thread as I started using the eld-x in my 6.5 and .300wm this year. Reason I started using them is I can shoot 1/2 moa outta both guns with them. Haven’t been able to take my 6.5 out at all this year so don’t much to say about that. But took my .300 elk hunting earlier this year. 190 yds two shots elk went 5 yards. One passed through one didn’t. First shot lungs and destroyed them. Second shot liver and destroyed that. No tracking job needed. That’s my personal experience. But not sure what to think about the eld-x overall after reading this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ammo
              If it's 6.5CM i'm interested

Comment

When deer drop in their tracks there is no blood trail either.

Comment

Bought a 6.5 Creedmore 2 months ago and sighted in with the 143 GR ELDX. Shot a buck at 80-90 yds through the brush Friday and he went 30 yds. Entrance was tiny and the exit was a bloody mess. When I went to track the deer I didn’t look at the blood trail. All I found was a white belly 30 yds from where he stood. So far from my experience I like it!

Comment

My kid's have killed 4 Coues deer from 380-560 yards with the 143 ELDX.
                    260 Remington at 2820 FPS handloads. Even at 560, the exit wound was big enough to put a golf ball into. Maybe we have been lucky, but they work a lot better than the 120 BTs we used previously.

Comment

162# boar 140yds shot in shoulder. DRT
                      Attached Files

Comment

I have shot the ELD-X for three years now and I have had great results from them. And I’ve had some nasty exit wounds with great blood. Nothing has ran further than 10 yards. A high shot doesn’t bleed like a low shot. The whole cavity has to fill with blood before it starts coming out.

Comment

Originally posted by BULL21 View Post
                          162# boar 140yds shot in shoulder. DRT
                          But was there a blood trail doe?

Comment

Federal NT Whitetail 140 gr. A good bullet and flies at good as the expensive Hornady 143 you are referring to.

Comment

Shot 1 buck with them. No exit and no blood trail whatsoever. He ran about 25 yards.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ATXRaider83 View Post
                                Shot 1 buck with them. No exit and no blood trail whatsoever. He ran about 25 yards.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                                Serious question. Do you expect a blood trail with that shot?

Comment

Working...
                                X