No announcement yet.

Need to re-barrel a rifle who’s the best in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use Bullworx and Texas Custom Rifles for most of my needs these days. West Texas Ordnance has done fantastic work for me as well, but their backlog is a little longer than I’d like these days. For a simple rebarrel I’d probably lean towards Bullworx for turn around. I’ve put numerous rifles from each through their paces, and all do fantastic work.

Comment

Horizon Firearms has done several for me. No complaints, excellent work.

Comment

Need to re-barrel a rifle who’s the best in Texas

Originally posted by NF HUNTER View Post
        Good guy and does great work.
        Pete Pieper, Precision barrel work!

He’s a dang good gunsmith and a great guy also!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Roberts Precision Rifles in Spring, Tx.

Comment

Before I knew APR was a sponsor I took a tikka action to have rebarreled. They did an outstanding job with it. I was very impressed with the quick turnaround time as well.

Comment

Alamo Precision or Roberts Precision for me

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                Pete Piper in Hempstead
                Another vote for Pete Piper - Precision Barrel Works. He rebarreled my Ruger M77 MK II .25-06. It drives tacks. Great guy.

Comment

I went with RedBeard Gun Works on a bedding job only because they’re a 2 hour drive from me. If I was closer to APR I would’ve gone that route. I really didn’t want to ship my rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
                    I went with RedBeard Gun Works on a bedding job only because they’re a 2 hour drive from me. If I was closer to APR I would’ve gone that route. I really didn’t want to ship my rifle.
                    Where are those guys?? Never heard of them...were you happy with the work & does it look like they know their biz well??

We haven't had a good smith who could work on old/new since Stokes left...the valley NEEDS a reputable smith. Suppressed Tactical Solutions on 281 has some knowledge & will tell you if they can fix it or not. They don't really advertise it I think, but might be able to help you vs the two hour drive. Good guys too.

Comment

All the folks that will ever touch one of my actions/barrels have been mentioned in the thread already. I am sure there are many more out there but as far as trust goes; I have shipped Robert (APR) and Pete (Precision Barrel Work) 2500 -3500 in parts without heads up just an attn:.. I know they will send back a rifle capable of shooting in the .0x range with the right handloads. In fact, I think both of them have one of my actions right now!

Comment

Alamo Precision Rifles in Hurst, Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                          Where are those guys?? Never heard of them...were you happy with the work & does it look like they know their biz well??

We haven't had a good smith who could work on old/new since Stokes left...the valley NEEDS a reputable smith. Suppressed Tactical Solutions on 281 has some knowledge & will tell you if they can fix it or not. They don't really advertise it I think, but might be able to help you vs the two hour drive. Good guys too.
                          Portland TX, they build a ton of custom rifles. Nice guys, if I was closer I would be hanging out there after work or on the weekends. My rifle is still there actually it’s going to take awhile, they have a lot of work. Check out their webpage or FB page. They are also on the list of top smiths on the PRS circuit, while only being in business a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
                            Portland TX, they build a ton of custom rifles. Nice guys, if I was closer I would be hanging out there after work or on the weekends. My rifle is still there actually it’s going to take awhile, they have a lot of work. Check out their webpage or FB page. They are also on the list of top smiths on the PRS circuit, while only being in business a few years.
                            RedBeard Gunworks is well regarded one the precision community. I would feel comfortable taking a rifle to them, and I’m pretty picky.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                              RedBeard Gunworks is well regarded one the precision community. I would feel comfortable taking a rifle to them, and I’m pretty picky.
                              Yep I did a good amount of research before dropping off my rifle. I could’ve had my rifle ready in a few days with a local smith but I decided to send it with them and wait the 6 weeks.
                              Last edited by STX_Shooter; 10-21-2019, 07:46 PM.

Comment

I would put a remage on it yourself . 450$ and done. I have several and all are shooters

Comment

Working...
                                X