Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Any good smiths in Deep South Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any good smiths in Deep South Texas?

I’m needing a bedding job done on my rifle and some other small things. I live in the Valley but I don’t mind traveling a bit. I got a hold of Redbeard gunworks but they said they are at 8 weeks turnaround right now. Anyone know or recommend a smith in the lower area of Texas? Thanks

Give Larry Massey a call. He’s got a gun range outside of Brownsville towards Boca Chica beach.

I’ve used his range for a while and my dad recently got a couple of guns fixed with either him or a guy that works with him.

Comment

He’s not Deep South, but Texas Custom Rifles is out of Hobson. Travis does **** fine work.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
        He’s not Deep South, but Texas Custom Rifles is out of Hobson. Travis does **** fine work.
        3.5 hours away, might have to make the trip if he ain’t to busy.

Comment

Never mind they’re backed up for at least 3 months.

Comment

Most reputable gun smiths have a pretty long back log.

Comment

Yea I know I was hoping they could squeeze in a bedding job and scope install. Both places I talked to are working on custom builds before doing and Smith work which I totally understand.

Comment

Johnny's Custom Shop in Pharr. He has 2 passions...building bikes and building rifles.

Comment

I have a good guy in corpus (the bluff to be exact) he’s threaded a couple of my guns, and done some other stuff for me. Let me know if you want his contact info.

Thanks!

Jason Slocum

Comment

Smith

Isnt there a guy in McAllen building pretty good bangsticks?
                    Johhny… something. Has a you tube page.
                    cant remember his name.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMqjq8rVp0Q"]Accurized Remington 700 LTR .308 win - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Im late to the post. H-D beat me to it!

Comment

I went ahead and dropped off my rifle today at Redbeard Gun Works in Portland TX. I made the 2.5 hour drive, even though it might take up to 8 weeks to do it. I felt more comfortable with them doing it since they have worked with the kind of rifle setup that I have. I appreciate all the suggestions.

Comment

how did the smith work turn out?

Comment

Originally posted by skeeterboud View Post
                            how did the smith work turn out?
                            Turned out great I highly recommend them.

Comment

that's good to know. thanks. i'll be trying them out on a rebarrel

Comment

Working...
                              X