No announcement yet.

6.5 Grendel feed issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I got to shoot some today. Only had half a box of ammo but here is what I noticed.

3 single shots locked back perfect each time.
    All brass was in the 3:00-4:00 position.
    If I put two in, no issue.
    If I put three in, the second round was always the culprit. Did this twice.

If you look at the top of the mag, bullet pointing away, Always fed the left round. Consistently hung up on the right round. Hence the line above.

Also once did not feed the round on the right when closing the bolt. I have attached a picture of what it keeps doing.

Two FtF hang ups when firing and loading the round on the right, one hang when closing the bolt.

This is what I noticed with the limited rounds I had plus damaging a few.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Pushing rounds out of the mag with my thumb, there are a couple ribs on the mag that the extractor groove on the case really hangs up. Just wondering if this is causing it to lose its grip when it hangs up and the round tilts up the feed ramp.

Thinking thenmag lips are keeping the rounds too low and tilting gets them below the bolt face.

Comment

I feel like the mag is in the proper position.
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Here’s what I did to mine:
              I run mine suppressed, so here’s what I did:
              Pulled the upper and polished the feed ramps,
              Filed a little of the ejector pin then polished,
              Upgraded my buffer to a 4.6 oz.
              Went from using elanders to ASC mags (the springs in the ASC mags are not near as stiff as the elanders).

After all of this, I haven’t had a hiccup in quite sometime. I run my rigs pretty dern wet as well. I know this sounds like a lot of hassle, and it felt like it when I was experiencing these issues, but I believe this is the best caliber in the AR-15 platform. Just my opinion

Comment

Try a heavy buffer and extra power spring from clint at HeavyBuffers.com

What mags have you tried out?

How many Elanders do you have?

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Comment

Going back and updating my Grendel threads.

I bought two C Prod DuraMags 10 rounders and they run flawless. Not sure why the Elanders I have won’t, I’m pretty sure they are way too tight on the springs and the feed lip area dimples design hinder their ability compared to others. But not having feed issues at all since swapping mags.

Can’t say the same about its accuracy at 100 yards but we are working through that in spare time.

Comment

Working...
                  X